Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Sep 2, 2008, 12:39 AM   #1

Am I missing something I connect my camera as per instructions

1. connect usb cable from dock to computer
2. with camera in the dock turn on camera and choose PC camera but I get nothing.

So do I have to have some other software for it to work? Do I need web camera software or something?

I had no trouble using a HDMI cable to show the camera live on the screen at the store yesterday when I was playing back my videos.

Thanks

Robert

EDIT=====> they forgot one little step....

1. Go to your computer hard drives/file manager and double click on USB video device.

It also may have something to do with I don't have MSN messenger installed on my computer, as it says to install MSN messenger and that may automatically detect the camera and show up automatically.
relate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 2, 2008, 1:51 AM   #2

put camera in base that is already connected to pc. then choose computer and then choose pc camera. Let windows install the drivers and all.

NOW

go into start->all programs->accessories->scanner and camera wizard. If you see it there, then you are good to go with any chat program.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2008, 1:57 AM   #3

ohh ya one more thing. make sure you have a sd card in your slot and it is set to record before you start.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2008, 3:09 AM   #4

Thanks Cresho works fine now, I am not into chats, just wanted to see how it worked.
relate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2010, 5:18 PM   #5

Am I missing something I connect my camera as per instructions

1. connect usb cable from dock to computer
2. with camera in the dock turn on camera and choose PC camera but I get nothing.

So do I have to have some other software for it to work? Do I need web camera software or something?

I had no trouble using a HDMI cable to show the camera live on the screen at the store yesterday when I was playing back my videos.

Thanks

Robert

EDIT=====> they forgot one little step....

1. Go to your computer hard drives/file manager and double click on USB video device.

It also may have something to do with I don't have MSN messenger installed on my computer, as it says to install MSN messenger and that may automatically detect the camera and show up automatically.

I have the same problem as above. Also I do not understand that expression "hard drives/file manager"
Please help me
Duss is offline   Reply With Quote