Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Sep 14, 2008, 4:01 PM   #1

Hey peeps, ive just ordered a 40.5mm - 37mm stepdown ring so i can use my wide and tele lens adapters. But after looking at the lens on the camera i cant find the thread to screw the ring onto. Anyone got any ideas?

Tar
malakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 15, 2008, 12:01 AM   #2

the thread is in the inside. is this what your looking for? It's where the lens cap attaches itself. Maybee I don't understand what you are asking?
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2008, 5:18 AM   #3

Yeah, thats what im asking, except there is no thread on the inside edge, there is a tiny lip but no threading. Very strange:?
Old Sep 15, 2008, 6:39 AM   #4

WOW! how do you attach the lense cover? it uses the thread because the lense cap has a thread on it as well!............HMMMM! I take it back, you can most likely attach the lense cap without using the thread because on mines, it has extra clamp to grab hold of the inside!. perhaps you should take it back..
DAMN this is going to p.i.s.s. hd1010 users off.

I hope you can get other users to post if they have the same problems. I have a HD1000.
Old Sep 15, 2008, 7:38 AM   #5

I have a HD1010 and a step up ring and have connected my raynox wide angle lens to the camera.

Can you take a photo of the front of the lens? I find it a bit confusing for there to be no thread on the inside of the lens.
relate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2008, 8:55 AM   #6

After some careful examination with a magniying glass i can just make out a hair thin thread that goes about 3/4 around the rim of the lens but its set quite deep in. My guess is that at some point during the machining process it hasnt quite been cut. Hopefully my ring adapter will come tomorrow so i can check to be sure. Might have to pop to jessops in town to see if they have a filter i can pop on just to check it.
Old Sep 16, 2008, 4:34 AM   #7

I am looking into updating my lense and filters. What do you guys recommend? I'm asking here because this is a lense thread help and what about adaptors? does it really need one on mines? I have a hd1000 with threads on it. I need names of course of brands.
Old Oct 20, 2008, 9:45 PM   #8

Hi Folks - I just got a HD1010 and purchased a 40.5mm UV filter to protect the lens. I too appear not to have any threads to attach it? There is a lip around my HD1010 inside edge which holds the lens cap on but no threads and the UV filter will not fit? Can other HD1010 owners comment???
bbuckk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2008, 11:54 PM   #9

All I can say is my HD1010 has the thread and I have fitted both a step-up ring to fit my Raynox 6600 pro wide angle lens and also without the step-up ring my Sanyo Semi-fisheye wide angle lens. I will say there is not much thread there but it is there.

If you bought your HD1010 from a shop I would take it back and ask then to show you how to fit the step up ring. the only ohter explanation may be there is a batch of 1010 that do not have the thread, although I find this unlikely.
relate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2008, 5:32 AM   #10

If you do use anything that screws onto the lens. DONT DONT DONT OVERTIGHTEN!!!
Just do it up finger tight. Dont push it any further. It will strip the thread on the camera! I dont know what alloy they used for the lens holding element on the front but its as soft as butter!
Ive took mine back for replacement because of how easily the threads stripped off. I didnt even do it up too tight. Ive now used locktite to lock my thread adapter into place. It doesnt effect the recording in any way.. ie no vignietting and it has LOADS of stronger thread on it so ive got much less chance of stripping it.