Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Sep 14, 2008, 7:55 PM   #1

I have a VPC-HD1 - this is my problem - when I record or or snap a picture the screen is blank. Now I can go though all my menu options set etc. on the LCD but there is no image. It records the audio and the time frame of the recording but no viewable image. Recording and Picture taken is saved on sd for playback again with no image. Anyone out there have any idea how bad this is or is this an easy fix by a reputable camera repair shop. Cause I know I am not dishing out the kind of cheese Sanyo would ask to repair it.

Thanks
VPCHD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 19, 2008, 3:06 PM   #2

Since youcan see the information display on your screen but NOT the image, then in all liklihood the CCD and screen are OK. Sanyo placed some lubricant on the iris of HD1 cameras. Over time, this lube dries out and if the the iris sticks in the closed position the image blacks out - that's why you can't see an image but can see the menus. Sometimes you can see the closed iris by looking in thru the front lens. Search the internet. You'll find instructions on how to disassemble your HD1, remove the lens assemblyand clean off the lube. You have to be somewhat mechanically inclined and comfortable with working with small parts but it's not difficult. The camera disassembles relatively easy.

Try this link:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/mpg4-sany...fo-needed.html
ericok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2008, 10:32 PM   #3

Thanks Erik - I bit the bullet and opened it up before checking in on the forum and got it fixed. I got some big hands - so I tell this was a fun project. Thanks for the heads up.
Old Mar 5, 2009, 9:05 AM   #4

Hello, sorry for asking something like this.
I have a Sanyo xacti HD1 with Black Screen living in Chile south america where no chance of getting any guarantee by Sanyo...on the other side after going through the web seems need to open and clean the iris...do you know where to find some pictures or step by step instructions to do so ??
Thank you
cristian escudero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2009, 7:28 PM   #5

You need therepair manual- send me your email address