Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Sep 23, 2008, 10:19 PM   #11

Hey thanks trevmar for your input. I had a friend come on by and bring his laptop because has a 7.0e version. I can confirm with you that you can input and output video xacti files in this manner. His version works just fine. xvid and lame are very supported. Very nice. I think ill need to resubmit a virtualbox image l and see if the hd 8 is the problem or if I just corrupted my windows install somehow with all the trials and errors I been dealing with.

here is an update.

we can open and export in the sony hd8 pro and use th 7 just fine as long as the default codecs are used in any way you like. But exporting to xvid or mp3 is the problem.

We dont have a problem since we can work with 4 softwares to make it work but it would be nice to just use 1.....UNO! etc.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2008, 10:57 PM   #12

Hi- thanks for the tips.

Cresho- I built a Windows Media Center (Vista).

BTW, I've been experimenting with different renderings and I'm probably going to stick with Windows Media Video 9; however I built a custom template. Here it is:
Video Rendering Quality= Best
Audio- Mode=CBR, Format= Windows Media Audio Professional; 128kbps, 44 kHz
Video= Mode Quality VBR
Format= Windows Media Video 9
Image Size High Def (1280x 720)
pixel aspect ratio 1.333
Frame rate (fps)59.95
keyframes = 3
Quality= 65%

I've been doing this and have some success, however, it takes a long time for stuff to render.

My alternative is: Sony AVC (*.mp4)
Some settings are:
Profile = Main
Entropy (wtf) = CABAC
rate 29.97
Field Order = none
Pixel aspect ratio=1
Bit rate= 10,000,000
Audio is standard AAC

Any of this good or bad? Recommendations?

Trevmar- Yes I should get the DVD's however they are expensive. This is just a hobby for me. I also have too many hobbies; master of none

Thanks,
BL

BTW, I never get emailed of new posts even though I have this enabled.??????
blegate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2008, 11:25 PM   #13

have you tried avi?

[email protected]

xvid codec
2 passese(maximum quality
10000bitrate (i personally use 16000 just for the race track)

mp3 128 cbr/avb/ or vbr

I get really good results using this.

for blegate, way at the bottom of this post, click "watch topic"
Old Sep 24, 2008, 1:32 AM   #14

Cresho wrote:
Quote:
have you tried avi?

[email protected]

xvid codec

mp3 128 cbr/avb/ or vbr

Cresho- tried your settings above and Vegas keeps giving a open codec error when I try to render the video. If I change the audio from Lame MP3 to uncompressed (or ATRAC3) it works. So something is messed up with lame.

Right now I've got the following:
HDV 720
Frame Rate 59.94
Field order= none
Video format= Xvid Mpeg-4Codex Configured for Encoding type=Twopass-2nd pass
Audio ATRAC3 132kbps Stereo

Comes out looking very smooth I have to say. I am concerned the file size may be large but I need to do more testing.
Good...bad?

BTW, I'm watching this thread. In fact my option says "Unwatch Topic". I just don't get the emails. I've alerted the admin long long time ago but never got a resolution. A little annoying. I remember them telling me Comcast thinks this site sends spam???

-Brian
Old Sep 24, 2008, 1:57 AM   #15

blegate wrote:
Quote:
Cresho wrote:
Quote:
have you tried avi?

[email protected]

xvid codec

mp3 128 cbr/avb/ or vbr

Cresho- tried your settings above and Vegas keeps giving a open codec error when I try to render the video. If I change the audio from Lame MP3 to uncompressed (or ATRAC3) it works. So something is messed up with lame.

Right now I've got the following:
HDV 720
Frame Rate 59.94
Field order= none
Video format= Xvid Mpeg-4Codex Configured for Encoding type=Twopass-2nd pass
Audio ATRAC3 132kbps Stereo

Comes out looking very smooth I have to say. I am concerned the file size may be large but I need to do more testing.
Good...bad?

BTW, I'm watching this thread. In fact my option says "Unwatch Topic". I just don't get the emails. I've alerted the admin long long time ago but never got a resolution. A little annoying. I remember them telling me Comcast thinks this site sends spam???

-Brian
Ya that's what I was telling the other guy! These codecs do not work with vegas video at all. I thought it did work but I just realized i was using another video file instead of the actual xacti video. I called my friend and had him record a video and use that instead of the file i gaved him

we have the same problem. Vegas video does not play nice at all with 7.0e and using other codecs such as xvid or mp3.
Old Sep 24, 2008, 2:00 AM   #16

interesting. I may need to try a different codec. leaving lame to pcm also trashes the process.
Old Sep 24, 2008, 2:05 AM   #17

I still stand uncorrected. Sony just neutered the darn software. My friend just confirmed it, we accidently used an avi file which i edited with avidemux. we had file extension hidden in explorer. Anyway, I'm going to uninstall the demo version which i had to hunt down and see if it was my system or what.

I can open the 1080i and 720p fine and convert them with the default software but trying to work with the codecs I love is just not going to happen.
Old Sep 24, 2008, 9:19 AM   #18

Cresho- I rendered a 4:15 clip to xvid avi per the specs in this thread and the resulting avi file was 484mb.

I suspected the size would be large. Do you now convert the AVI to into another format? If so what?

My goal is to put the finished product on a Windows media center and obviously I'll need a reasonably sized file.

thanks,
b
Old Sep 26, 2008, 12:08 AM   #19

ya i been screwing around with vegas on my friends laptop. Ill have some info about this by next week. I found a few workarounds as well. Thanks for the mp3 tip.