Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Sep 20, 2008, 1:11 PM   #1

Hi- I've recently acquired an HD1000 (upgraded from HD700) and I'm having challenges with the HD1000 60fps. I've used Vegas for a while, primarily self trained through trial and error, and now all footage I render (shot @ 60 FPS) is blurry, shadows, etc.; whereas the footage from the HD700 looks ok. BTW, When the raw files are played looks beautiful on the computer. In the past I rendered files using the mainconcepts, Sony AVC, etc. and have had moderate success but in all honestly I don't know what I'm doing. NOTE- I have scoured this forum for info related to HD1000 and Vegas and I get bits and pieces but nothing comprehensive.

Here is my goal:
1) HD1000 shot @ 1280x720 60fps
2) Edit in Vegas, etc.
3) Output to 1280x720 size so that I can play this on my Vista Media center...big screen, etc. smooth & clear footage.

Can someone point me in the right direction on how to setup Vegas properties and render the footage per my goals listed above? In addition if there's some specific process I should follow (using other programs) let me know.
Just rattle off settings and I'll take it from there. I don't need anything comprehensive.

Perhaps a Sticky post on Application rendering suggestions could come from this?
-b
blegate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 20, 2008, 9:20 PM   #2

I have the hd version 8.0 pro of sony vegas video build.

when you are ready to output a file, select your video frames, select file->render as-> save filetype avi->under template on the far right click on custom->select video tab on bottom, choose video format use video format YUV COdec and in frame size choose HD1080 59.940 framerate

pixle ratios
1.0000 (Square)
and NONE PROGRESSEIVE SCAN FIELD ORDER!

audio SUCKS no ac3 aac support unless you try some of my hrrmmmm ...ya.... just leave it at pcm audio or mp3 but install xvid from xvid.org and lame to get real audio support and pc opensource compliant divx video support. I'll leave the rest of editing for you.

i can probably swing a small tutorial for this. but it would be up in a month since I have very very little time.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2008, 9:30 PM   #3

http://www.xvid.org/

http://lame.sourceforge.net/

these codecs are better used on sony..my opinion. xvid is installable on any windows based machine and mac as well on linux. lame is very supported. Compression is super and it will not tax your machine.

well, these codecs installed fine on my machine. there is a problem with vegas video using it. It doesnt want to use it but it's in the menu.
Old Sep 22, 2008, 7:50 AM   #4

Hey, im using Adobe Premiere Pro CS3. Ive had a good play with many of the settings and have found a bunch that will allow me to preview the video in smooth realtime, then export my 720p60 edited footage back to AVC/H.264 for archiving. It also allows me to downsample to DVD format or anything i want. Ive tried vegas and as good as it is, its the output options that i think its severely lacking. Hell, even Pinnacle 12 is better in that respect.

I cant remember the exact settings im using in premiere as im at work at the moment but if anyone wants to know them let me know and ill fire a post up with them.

Ive also figured the correct AVC/H.264 settings to allow playback on XBOX 360 too.

malakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2008, 8:49 AM   #5

are you using the xbox media center?

Old Sep 22, 2008, 11:52 AM   #6

Hello malakai I would really like to know what settings you are using in Adobe Premiere?

Ihave a folder with a huge amount of files shot with hd1000and different settings. I would like to exporteach file toa format that is smaller in size so I can preview them. What is the best way to do this?
Newcoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2008, 10:42 AM   #7

Sony Vegas is a professional video editor. It took me a year to begin to understand the myriad of tasks you can do with it, now I wouldn't use anything else. There is a 6-DVD tutorial which gave me a good starting background:
http://www.vegastrainingandtools.com/

To change the speed at which clips are played back you need to apply a "velocity envelope." With that you can even get a clip to run backwards.

There are standard setups for 1280x720 30p HD. Click the Icon to the upper left of the preview window to change them.

Trevmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2008, 7:20 PM   #8

I remember vegas before it was purchased from Sonic Foundry. It was the best video editor...ever! It took everything that you installed codec wise and also used directshow like nohting else. Sony took hold of this great product and slowly I saw this decline in the amount of things you can do. It took the ability of 100% codec support and put a stop to that. Sony media manager is also the worst thing they did for this product and there is no option to uninstall it but you can disable a few features though. THey totally strangled the way it handles open codecs. THis is why xvid and mp3 lame is not supported. It allowes you to edit but only export to mostly proprietary codecs which in our case, means we would need to buy their products. On the other hand, i can grab the edited videos and transport them through another free product to my favorite formats and this isnt that bad but still. I do not like supporting products that hinder productivity in any manner.

To me, If I am attached to a crack dealer, It's not even worth the trouble. The inability to use system codecs was reduced as well. I have been using the product since 2002 and from version to version before sony, it was a real treat using it. Even though sony improved it with codecs (sort of) and then downgraded it with media manager, its still vegas. For sony, I'ts sony or the highway. this is why we are seeing a decline in blueray disks and a rise in dvd. I'm not sure how it's related but it's more related that sony wants to own all media and technologies. If this happens, you will see a hike in pricess and I hope people are smarter than this in the future.

a rise in dvd, and a low for blueray.
http://www.thestandard.com/news/2008...g-market-share

http://www.engadgethd.com/2008/09/21...ding-septembe/

Thanks for the vegasvideotutorial site. I never knew one existed.
Old Sep 23, 2008, 8:34 PM   #9

Cresho,
You must be running a different program to the Vegas 7.0e I have on my desktop. Anything I can view in DirectSource I can import, and I can even import via AVIsynth. I routinely use AVIsynth and Virtualdub to do things like Deshaker and Dynamic Noise Reduction.

But for production work, the Cineform Neo HDV takes AVCHD and creates an intermediate 3:2 puldown 24p file which Sony just loves.

I can assure you that the Vegas 7.0e software on my computer just loves the Lame MP3 and Xvid output by Virtualdub, or MeGUI, for that matter

I too remember the early days of Vegas development, in the 2000/2003 timeframe, where every user was a beta tester I hate the new Sony media manager, but I don't use it, and it doesn't get in my way. All the early features are still there, and many more too...

Take a look at the tutorial. It makes it easier to understand the changes in GUI idiom which have occurred over the last few years

Trevmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2008, 8:45 PM   #10

I know that, I have that version too! I had to update to the Sony HD pro 8 because it would not open xacti mp4 files. Now opening these files is fine on the HD pro 8 but your version will not open the files......hmmmm ill get back to you on this one. You gaved me an idea. One problem I have is creating a template that uses 60fps. It can be done but it now becomes a pain!

The problem in hd pro 8 is that It can open the xacti files fine but (there is a but) I have xvid option as well as mp3 lame option and cannot export. I get an error. this error is available to everybody. :-) This is where sony degrading the product comes in.

Does your sony vegas 7 open xacti HD1000 files? I cant find my key. i upgraded to linux and tossed all my mail.

wow, it has been that long. I was using 6 before I jumped to 8.