Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Sep 25, 2008, 9:19 PM   #1

hello all,

I have an hv10 that I am beginning to hate the motion blur of the image, so I think I may just buy a hd1010 for the 720p 60fps. Only problem is only wmp will play the files I have down from here.

Is there a better more compatible codec I can install?

Also, how does the quality of the hd1010 stack against the canon?

I know the motion is way better with 60p already. Thank!
helriser is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 26, 2008, 12:04 AM   #2

I hear canon are way better than the sanyo. I frankly wanted 60fps.

the hd1010 has 3 modes i am interested in

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

I'll stick with [email protected] and upconvert with lanczos3 with sharpening techniques to [email protected] The results are practically almost identical.

On the linux platform, I vary my usage. I use totem player with gstreamer plugins. I also use vlc at times depending on what codecs used to decode or reincode.

for windows, try VLC player or nero has a good player as well. It plays mov way better than the stupid mac software that supposedly runs the mov. I guess it depends on alot of variables but for me, it blew chunks.

oops...thanks relate2, this is the fix

[email protected] fps
[email protected] fields/s aka 30fps
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2008, 12:32 AM   #3

Cresho is there a way to tell if they are talking about 60fps (fields per second) as against 60fps (frames per second) without going to the specs of a particular camera when they write them down both as "fps"?

I suppose what I am asking is there a general consensus of how to differentiate the two or do we just have to guess at this stage? With 60 fields per second really only being 30 frames per second it is way confusing.
relate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2008, 1:28 AM   #4

ohh thanks for reminding me relate2.

this is a good explenation
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...1092713AAfnyy2

and I am quoting this part from that page just because I cannot use 1080i video for fast motion.

"Sony still uses interlaced technology not only because it is faster, but also because it shows movement very similar to the way the human eyes views movement. The only problem with interlaced video is that there is no single solid frame. This causes problems if one needs to work with singe frames or freeze frame video for analysis (such as sports reviews or evidence needs). Full progressive 30 frame video is used for these situations."

what this quote tells me it is his opinion and he states that full progressive 30 frames per second video is used for analysis of sports what ever but helriser says he can't stand 30fps. crazy!

That is why you see blurry at 30fps and most people here use the [email protected] per second. If my video has too much motion, Im not kidding when I say that after a very good deinterlace from 1080i, you either have a pink shadow in front of the motion or behind the motion depending how I set my deinterlace up. It is f-ugly.

helriser, I like the results from my hd1000. the hd1010 is a bit more about 200-300 depending where you get it. I got my hd1000 for 640 including tripod, 16gb sd card, a clear screen protector for xacti monitor, It is pocketable because my pants are big, it looks like a tazer gun, design is excellent. My one Beef with it is the focus but i setup a shortcut on my toggle so when i want to lock into someone's focus point, i can and people can pass on by and I dont have to worry about refocusing unless i change scene and leave it to autofocus before my subject stands still.

What you need to ask if the hd1010 has a better focusing capability and night shots as well as supporting some of the popular lenses or if an adaptor actually exists that works with it. I read here in the forums that one person has no threads for the lense attachement but does require an adaptor to adapt a lense. that is where this unit shines. if all you want is the [email protected], then the hd1000 is for you but ask around. I have no expirience with the hd1010.

also, look at my tutorial for xvid and mp3 conversion from the mp4 by xacti. You can convert it to anything avidemux and wiff supports.
Old Sep 27, 2008, 6:43 PM   #5

thanks for all the replies.

Cresho, I'm not sure why Sony believes interlace is more comparable to the human eye, becuase in the real world when I pan around, my invironment doesn't become blurry like movement in interlace is. It has gotten to a point where I just detest it.

Will I be able to reconvert the hd1010 files to MPEG or even a friendlier format of mp4?

Which one is better in low light; hd1010 or hd1000?

Thank you all!

Helriser
Old Sep 27, 2008, 7:57 PM   #6

i put out a tutorial of opensource software here on the forums. It is currently being updated. As long as you stick with 720p at any framerate, you will be able to convert them to any format I have been able to encounter. There are also free for burning them on dvd. Devede is mature and dvdflick is being updated as we speak due to a new dvd menu they implimented. 1080i is not supported too much. few members recommend some commercial software as well and ill post the ones on my tutorial in a special section of user recommended software or suggestions. I have successfully managed to use free software just fine. I also have vegas video and have managed to work with the files just fine but I would need avidemux to re-encode my audio to something more usable like mp3 audio since vegas hates it.

about the camera's, I don't know but I hear the hd1010 works better with the focus and the night. I would definetly ask someone here if they find the hd1010 works better with dark areas or does it have better focus.
Old Sep 29, 2008, 12:51 PM   #7

Thanks for your reply once again Cresho.

So to any one else, do you find the HD1010 to have better low light and focus than HD1000?

Or would you say Same?

Also, I'm banned on ebay for redicoulus paypal reasons I will not get into. What other mediums can I put my HV10 up for sale. I'll let it go for dirt money!

THanks

helriser