Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Oct 6, 2008, 1:42 PM   #1
arp

Hello,

I just want to buy an HDD Player that can play my all HD700 files.

I can't find one!

Somebody know somebrand/model thatcan do?

Thanks
arp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 6, 2008, 6:40 PM   #2

This one is free and will play just about anything. It plays my HD1010 videos fine.
http://www.videolan.org/
relate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2008, 1:34 AM   #3

hardware or software player? how about a playstation 3? I hear they are adding a few extra codec support.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2008, 1:30 PM   #4
arp

Is not software!

HDD (Hard Disk Player) portable where I put all my xacti videos and then can play on TV.
Yes I think PS3 can do it... but I prefer a normal HDD player because I Have a Wii console.

Nobody know any? Where all you store and play yours videos?

Thanks
Old Oct 9, 2008, 2:41 AM   #5

im building either a small portable pc for under 400 that will do the trick with 2 terabyte diskspace included...or a xbox360 hacked with linux running xbmc.
Old Oct 9, 2008, 3:45 AM   #6
arp

Cresho wrote:
Quote:
im building either a small portable pc for under 400 that will do the trick with 2 terabyte diskspace included...or a xbox360 hacked with linux running xbmc.
But your portable PC can plug to TV with HDMI?
400$ is too much I think... but 2 terabytes is great!
If I can buy a portable HDD player that can read h.264 files (xacti codec) for me will be a great solution!
Old Oct 9, 2008, 4:41 AM   #7

yes

micro atx factor but ehre is an example of a gigabyte motherboard that uses hdmi
http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/...ProductID=2758

im not going to go into specific but I built one for that price for someone and it has a handle to carry it. Very light and very small. wireless keyboard and all...well that was extra. The parts can be grabbed dirt cheap at ebay or amazon. frankly 2gb memory is good for 30 dollars. the motherboard i grabbed was under 50 and cpu was rock bottom amd64 and nothing over exagerated since the hardware of the gpu decodes the 1080p. my friend l**** around his tiny box in a gym bag and dont care if it gets banged up because it has an all aluminum case...
Old Oct 9, 2008, 7:26 AM   #8

You do know that any portable, external powered HD connected to the HD1010's dock will show original exacti videos through the hdmi output on the dock to a TV.

The only problem being as soon as you do any editing outside of the camera on a computer other than just cutting a section out will not play back though the dock. Now if Sanyo would just lets us play back edited videos it would be the perfect video player to show friends and family our creations. :-)
relate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2008, 12:10 PM   #9

You may want to look into popcorn hour A-100,it looks like it can play h.264 file. Here is the link http://www.popcornhour.com/onlinesto...p;category_id=
ykhing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2008, 7:26 PM   #10
arp

Today I tried Xacti LIbrary but is not easy manage data because canĀ“t edit anything on path: Date/Roll/... os add a label!

Oncomputer HDD I manage files by date (like first Library folder) but plus a label like: 20080930_Beach_Hollidays... so it's easy find files.

If was possible edit this first folder whih this labels I will put my files on a external HD, and when play on computer can see labels; when play by Xacti Library even can't see labelscan play... but I tried to add this labels and now Xacti Library can'n recognize this folder!

Somebody know a way (work around) to put some labels to xacti folders structure to make esay identify files on a computer?

If not... I will search more HDD players that can work with h.264 and forget xacti library!

By the way I just saw some brands than can do it: popcorn (like ykhingwrite), IAMM and Sarotech... hope can find one low price unit