Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Oct 13, 2008, 2:55 AM   #11

Could I burn AVCHD onto a standard dvd and play in a Blu ray player? I just read a pdf file of Pinnacle Studio 12 manual and thats what it seemed to be saying (holds about 40min). I've been thinking of getting a PS3 anyway. Just want to be able to put my videos on disk without losing resolution. Thanks again!
willk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2008, 9:28 PM   #12

Well I just answered my own question. I edited my Alaskan cruise video (shot at 1080i 60fps)in a trial version of CorelVideoStudio Pro X2 onto a standard DVD burned as AVCHD (with the 1920 × 1080 setting selected). It took a little over 4 hrs to render and burn 40 min of video. Looks great played on my new Blu Ray player (PS3) and 56" Toshiba! Really happy with my HD1000 now!

Update: I tried the same thing using a trial version of Sony Vegas 9 Platinum and I had the same problem as I had with Nero 8. The results were HD but there was flickering (like every few frames were being skipped).

Update2: I just bought Pinnacle Studio V12 Plus and it works (but you need to download the 12.1 patch).
willk is offline   Reply With Quote