Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Oct 9, 2008, 1:51 PM   #1

I've tried to use Nero 8 to burn my HD1000 mp4 files to standard DVD (to make copies for relatives). I've used both [email protected] and [email protected] files and it almost seems like I'm watching one of those old movies from the 20s. The motion is not smooth. If I use the bundled Ulead DVD MovieFactory 5 SE the resultant dvd is fine but it is painfully slow to burn (Nero 8 is very fast). So Nero 8 has trouble with 60fps ?
willk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 9, 2008, 2:34 PM   #2

well, your computer is not fast enough. remember that these are high definition videos at 60fps.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2008, 6:52 PM   #3

Cresho wrote:
Quote:
well, your computer is not fast enough. remember that these are high definition videos at 60fps.
My computer is a quad core with good video card and plenty of RAM. The dvds don't look good on TV. The raw files play fine on my computer.
Old Oct 10, 2008, 1:00 AM   #4

It doesnt matter if you have a quad core. Your mhz per core is what matters or if your software is optimized to run all 4 cores. OR! if your operating system is actual 64bit. My dual core runs @ 10% on one core and 0% on another core and its encoding very fast. I can edit, video, put together, and burn a dvd in under 3 hours. You may need to look into something else.

When you encode, control alt delete twice and look at your cores when you are processing, this will give you an idea whats going on.

My dvd's look really nice on my hdtv. you may need to hunt for advice.

please give details as to what your dvd looks like..is it a framerate problem (flickering?). or is your resolution looking crappy?

Some software downscale using odd or dated algorithms giving the video a digitial blocky look. Others just pop out a frame every other without enhancing motion with blur, mend, so it looks very very choppy. Some softwares fixes these problems by adding blend into the equation when reducing the frame rate. Others uses lanczos3 to shrink the video resolution leaving it looking as if it was HD
Old Oct 11, 2008, 12:20 AM   #5

"is it a framerate problem (flickering?)."

It ie flckering.
Old Oct 11, 2008, 12:20 AM   #6

It is flckering.
Old Oct 11, 2008, 12:20 AM   #7

It is flckering.
Old Oct 12, 2008, 12:34 PM   #8

Your flickering issue is caused by your video 60fps being converted to 30fps. This causes your image to look choppy and flickers! what you need to do is find a software that can convert videos to 30fps and automatically adds "motion blurr" in the process. None of the free softwares I have recommended can do this but I know sony vegas can. It also comes with codec issues and other problems but of course there are workarounds for this.

I am also updating my tutorial and am still looking for a work around for this problem. I personally don't have a problem since some of the software I use is vegas video but I personally like to use free stuff. Ill post something up sooner or later. Even dvd softwares like devede, dvdflick, nero, etc. has issues with the flickering images.
Old Oct 12, 2008, 6:21 PM   #9

Thanks Cresho. I downloaded a trial version of Corel's VideoStudio X2 Pro and was successful in creating a dvd with about 30 minutes of 1080i video and several photos. Took only about 90 minutes to burn the dvd (the program takes advantage of quad core tech.) and the video looks good (no flashes, jerkiness etc.). It says that you can "Burn your movies on DVDs, or high-definition AVCHD". That you can burn the high def AVCHD on to standard dvds. Not sure what AVCHD is. Can I convert to this and not lose my resolution when I play the dvd on a regular player?
Old Oct 12, 2008, 6:41 PM   #10

AVCHD is MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 and there is no way in this world that a regular dvd player can decode such codec off a burned dvd. DVD players decode dvd's encoded in mpeg2. Sooner or later, the asian market will deliver a AVCHD player that reads off a regular dvd but I am guessing a dual layer would produce a 1 hour video off a 8gb dual layer dvd. I have not personally looked for one nor will I ever purchase one because i can do fine viewing my files off a dvd on my 1080p progressive on a high definition television mpeg2 encoded and of course the resolution of a regular dvd is always 720x480. what you need is an excellent dvd player. The market is barely catching up. Even if you have a avchd dvd player, that will leave 99.9% of people you know who will not own this so this becomes your personaly thing.

I think you are fine with what you have and if you love your dvd, you are good to go unless you encode your videos to xvid and mp3 in an avi container and have a multimedia hardisk player that is the size of your book to carry around and hook this up to any television or HDTV available to "show and tell"

ill look at your finding...it's interesting seeing corel advancing along the times.