Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Oct 22, 2008, 1:31 PM   #1

I happen to notice that Kodak uses the same battery as the HD1000/HD1010, but slightly lower capacity 1700 mAh vs 1900 mAh for Sanyo. The Kodak battery is $26, vs $43 for the Sanyo branded one.

My friend's aunt has a Kodak camera with this battery. We recharged her battery in my HD1010 when she forgot her charger and it worked just fine in my Sanyo.

Amazon.com - Kodak Battery Link

Sorry, I posted the wrong price in the title. As of now, the price on Amazon is around $26.
Tummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 22, 2008, 1:40 PM   #2

I searched a bit more and there are also generic alternatives but I haven't personally tried them:

$10.92 - Lenmar DLKA5 Replacement for KODAK KLIC-5001

$3.75 - Kodak KLIC-5001 Brand New Equivalent 2000mAh LithiumIon Camera/Camcorder Battery, Long Lasting cell.

This one says it's 2000mAh, so should last longer. For $3.75 I might give it a try, but shipping will add to that price.

$8.95 - Maximal Power DB KOD KLIC-5001 Replacement Battery for Kodak Digital Camera/Camcorder (Black)
Tummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2008, 3:31 AM   #3

I got a spare battery off ebay for my HD1010 and although it was advertised as 1700mh, when it arrived it was 1900mh just like the original.

Very quick delivery from Hong Kongand forĀ£5.49, which is roughly $9.00 it was an absolute bargain!!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DB-L50-Replace...3286.m63.l1177
renpriv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2008, 8:01 AM   #4

Having been burned several times over the years on digital camera and camcorder batteries I just don't buy knock-offs or from unknown vendors. I had to throw away several batteries.

Bob S.
staats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2008, 8:07 PM   #5

staats wrote:
Quote:
Having been burned several times over the years on digital camera and camcorder batteries I just don't buy knock-offs or from unknown vendors. I had to throw away several batteries.

Bob S.
what risk your expensive camera and life for those unknown aftermarket batteries. The original one is not expensive and they lasted much longer.
cathy9089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2008, 12:37 AM   #6

one battery company I would trust is mugen. I tried other brands and for some reason, the amp output from certain brand names caused problems in the camera like flickering video or flickering lcd. This is my expirience with unknown brands. You really need a good battery for units such as the hd1000. it has motors and you can feel actual heat coming out of the unit from all the processing it does. If you cut the amp lifeline so to say, you basically will super heat the hd1000 when it tries to draw more power from a battery that hit it's limit.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2008, 5:31 AM   #7

cathy9089 wrote:
Quote:
staats wrote:
Quote:

Bob S.
what risk your expensive camera and life for those unknown aftermarket batteries. The original one is not expensive and they lasted much longer.
How could you possibly know which camera I was using and how expensive the batteries were?

The originalswere indeed stupidly expensive and did not hold a charge very long requiring me to go to an external battery pack. Some knock-offs (sold by the camera store) didn't work for very long. I never had one get hot or explode though. If it's a well know brand that's making replacements then I don't have a problem using them.
Old Oct 31, 2008, 7:05 PM   #8

staats wrote:
Quote:
cathy9089 wrote:
Quote:
staats wrote:
Quote:

Bob S.
How could you possibly know which camera I was using and how expensive the batteries were?

The originalswere indeed stupidly expensive and did not hold a charge very long requiring me to go to an external battery pack. Some knock-offs (sold by the camera store) didn't work for very long. I never had one get hot or explode though. If it's a well know brand that's making replacements then I don't have a problem using them.
If you do shopping around, you could get 50-70% off on the original batteries. I got my DB-L50 here
https://www.warehouse123.com/Product...d=SANDBL50-BLK
Joseph_Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2008, 9:09 PM   #9

Where are the reasonable Sanyo batteries?

The Kodak branded one should be just fine and it' s1/2 the price. I don't see a reason to go with the Sanyo.
Old Nov 1, 2008, 2:48 PM   #10

staats wrote:
Quote:
Where are the reasonable Sanyo batteries?

The Kodak branded one should be just fine and it' s1/2 the price. I don't see a reason to go with the Sanyo.
I got my Sanyo DB-L50 for $33.50

The battery is 1900mah with famous Sanyo Cell.
Remember, Sanyo is the world leading battery manufacturer. Its rechargeable battery production has been holding the top market share worldwide. Many people are happy for pay extra for Sanyo's Eneloope.

The Kodak one is only have 1700mah which is using some normal battery cell.

For those aftermarket china replacement batteries, they are juck and just forget about it. They perform very bad and they may expose.
Joseph_Lee is offline   Reply With Quote