Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Oct 23, 2008, 4:28 PM   #1

Hi there everyone I am trying something new with my HD1010 and was wondering if anyone had tried something similar.

I am trying to use the Xacti as a webcam either handheld or on a modified tripod but obviously the dock is always in the way. Has anyone found a workaround for this?

I haven't found any type of supplemental cable out there but my next thought would be to purchase an additional dock, take it apart, and fashion my own cable so I could hold the camera or attach it to a modified tripod (modified because the data connection is so close to the tripod threads).

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I am just sick of being tied down by this dock!!!

My company does large online virtual meetings via Microsofts Live Meeting. I told them it would be very easy to use the videa feature as an added bonus for attendees. They loved the idea and the Xacti when plugged in looks 100x better than any webcam i have seen. The only problem now is the DAMN DOCK!!!

Thanks again,
~Matty

Matty S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 24, 2008, 12:43 AM   #2

forget about the dock! It is totally useless to me...hmmm now I'm wondering if i should sell it.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2008, 10:25 AM   #3

Seriously? What do you do just transfer all your media with the memory card?? Urgh the dock should be an OPTIONAL thing you shouldnt be tied down by it. That and the image stabilization are the only things I hate about this cam. Good thing its a DAMN good camera...
Old Oct 24, 2008, 6:18 PM   #4

sadly, I see no cables that will work with this without the dock. The only thing i use from the camera is the sd card on a card reader. I have a psp cig lighter for trips and i use a zaurus c3200 power from sharp to recharge the unit. uses same for my zaurus.

i dont even use the software it came with. If I had an option to repurchase this with options, I could of wanted something like...the camera by itself with battery and lense cover only.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2008, 3:01 PM   #5

Yes I figured this was the case. Just wondering if any Xacti gurus might have found a solution.

BOOOO I say, and not for the upcoming halloween but to the people at Sanyo who allowed this camera to be made with the dock being the only way to physically connect the camera to a computer.

I will say again, BOOOOOOOOOOOO...