Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Nov 6, 2008, 10:34 AM   #1

hey looking for a camcorder and I am stick between 2 of them. First a Sanyo Xacti HD1010 4MP MPEG4 high definition 1080i/1080p camcorder with 10x optical zoom, second a canon VIXIA HF10 flash memory high definition camcorder with 16GB internal flash memory and 12x optical image stabilized zoom. Not only do I want to get what I pay for but I want to know which will record the clearest and better quality. These are both between $600 to $700. Is there a newer or better option for this price, other than these two camcorders? Really stuck between both but I don't want to buy without really asking all my questions Thanks in advance, any advice will really help me out.

-Alma

I also posted on another part of these forums, sorry. I don't know how to delete it.
MustangMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 6, 2008, 10:37 AM   #2

Canon.
Private Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2008, 1:29 PM   #3

No contest, Canon.. (out of those two)

otherwise Sony SR range = better than Canon (although that's only my opinion after trying them all, you may like the Canon better as there's not a lot between them)
Wowcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2008, 1:44 PM   #4

topic may besuited to the sanoy these are not for the hybrid section due to the models
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2008, 4:58 PM   #5

After looking around the net and keeping in mind that I want to spend between $600 - $700 on a camcorder, I decided to go with the Canon HG20. It's cheaper than the HF10 and has 60GB vs 16GB of space, so that seems much much better. Thanks for the help, I did look into the Sony cameras, but they are priced higher than I would like to spend. From the comments I received and the reviews I read, the Canon offers a lot for less money. Thanks!

-Alma
MustangMan is offline   Reply With Quote