Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Nov 24, 2008, 11:36 AM   #1

I'm testing this camerafor about a month and today I noticed something funny.

I have about a 1 year old computer with close to the fastest AMD CPU available at that time, plenty of memory, 7200 rpm ata drives and extra cachebut the motherboard has a Nvidia GeForce 6100 nForce 4300 on-board graphics adapter.

So first tired view a 1280/720 60fps video of my birds.

I noticed that directly from the SD card via a USB 2.0 reader it was jerky so I copied it to my hard drive. The jerkiness is a lot better but then I noticed that the sound is 3 or 4 seconds ahead of the video????

What's happening here?
staats is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 24, 2008, 2:26 PM   #2

I think I know a partial answer to this. My video was st to the maximum rsolution possible and as result the refresh rate was 60HZ. As soon as I reduced the resolution so that 75HX was available on my desktop then the audio out of sync dissapeared.
Old Dec 25, 2008, 3:39 PM   #3

I've used this camera for about 3 or 4 things now during the last month or so and here's what bugs me:

This is probably true of all of the current crop of cameras but I just can't see squat on that display screen. If it's very bright out forget it but even when outdoor brightness is not an issue it's a matter of resolution.

With my old camerathere wasan eyepiece with a hood and focus adjustment for my old eyes. That way you knew when the focuswas wrong and you got a pretty good idea of how the video was going to turn out. With this unit it's a total crap shoot.

It just takes too much motion to snap a still picture.

Is there a way to make the display appear in photo mode continually so that the re-sizing from video to still is gone? It's very annoying if you want to operate in pure photo mode.

Are there any good HD camcorders on the market with an eyepiece these days?

Bob S.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 9:49 AM   #4

It is a drawback when you can't see the display due to bright light. I mean, there's only so much you can do to angle the screen. Unfortunately, the only camcorders I've seen with an eyepiece are the higher end (semi-professional/professional) models.
asoul23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2008, 8:54 AM   #5

Some of the newer Panasonic HD ones do.

http://www2.panasonic.com/consumer-e...00000000005702