Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Nov 28, 2008, 10:42 PM   #1

I just brought the CG65 and looked at the reviews here and i am happy with what i have got. I just wanted something cheap and decent and seems like i got a good deal!.

The only problem i have is taking stills at night. As the review mentioned the flash is nothing to write home about but i was wondering if there is anything to do that would help me take a better picture. The ones i took in singapore did not turn out to well at night and i would like to avoid this again. I have LA, NY and my hometown of Toronto to visit and i wont be able to go back to these places for along time.

comrade_uri is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 29, 2008, 7:46 AM   #2

Your only real option would be to use a slave flash. This is a flash that is triggered by the light off the standard flash on the camera so you do not need a connection to the camera.

I use one with my old digital camera and just hold it in my hand point it towards the subject. If you want a softer light on your subject you can also just point the slave flash up towards the ceiling or wall and bounce the flash onto the subject.
relate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2008, 4:03 AM   #3

Ok thats good. i will rememebr that one but what about video? if i record a vid clip it isnt to bright at all. If i am asking to much then tell me lol
comrade_uri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2008, 4:20 AM   #4

For video I have seen a portable led light that attaches to the tripod mount under the camera. It looked as though it would be successful for close videos of not more than about 1-2 metres away from the camera but not much further.
relate2 is offline   Reply With Quote