Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Nov 30, 2008, 8:27 AM   #1

I have finally got around to creating a DVD of my holiday in Hong Kong, but I am really struggling to get it to work out.

Any clips that needed to be edited I did within the camera, then I used "MP4Cam2AVI_v2.71" to convert my original clips to AVI;s

In the past I have always used Vista Movie Maker/DVD Maker and it has always proved successful, but not this time. It gets to about 70% then just bombs out with a very useful "unspecified error" message. Then I tried Nero Essentials which did actually work. The video & pictures were ok, but the transitions were very jerky. I tried again this morning taking out the transitions, but this time the DVD didn't create successfully even though Nero said it had. Subsequently trying to open my project doesn't work as Nero opens up them immediately closes, so something wrong there now :?

I thought I would try DVD Flick, but you cant add photos to it, which is a real shame.

Are there any free programs that can do what I want to do i.e create a DVD from my HD1010 Clips (720p) which includes: Video, pictures, transitions/menus???

I have a Dual Core Pentium 1.8GHz HP Pavilion Laptop with 2GB of RAM so my machine is up to the job.

Many thanks in advance guys
renpriv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 1, 2008, 3:43 AM   #2

Problem sorted

Removed the title pages I created in Vista Movie Maker and replaced with JPG title "Slides" created in powerpoint and hey presto it worked

I now have a beautiful DVD made using Vista's own program in just 3 simple stages.

1. Convert MP4 Files to AVI's using MP4Cam2AVI_v2.71

2. Rename all Clips, Photos & Slides in numerical order for ease of importing

2. Import into Vista, add transitions and burn

BTW the quality was much bette than the one burnt using Nero too.

Old Dec 1, 2008, 7:44 AM   #3

Thanks for the advice there. I've been wondering about the best way to go about this. Today I was converting to Divx using the converter that comes with Divx, but the MP4Cam program looks better....
higglebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2008, 11:47 AM   #4

higglebottom wrote:
Quote:
...but the MP4Cam program looks better....
It's very quick too :-D
Old Dec 1, 2008, 2:52 PM   #5

make sure each video file does not exceed 2.1gb. any files bigger than this will not work on mp42avi. so make sure your video recordings are no longer than 15-30 minutes per take.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2008, 3:01 PM   #6

Cresho wrote:
Quote:
make sure each video file does not exceed 2.1gb. any files bigger than this will not work on mp42avi. so make sure your video recordings are no longer than 15-30 minutes per take.
Never mind. they recently released a 2.79 version on the third of november which addresses the 2gb per file limitation. Alot of people are going to be happy about this. It opens lots of doors for free based windows softwares.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote