Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Dec 8, 2008, 7:55 AM   #1

Hi all, I have an Xacti HD800, but it is only jaanese language. Does anybody know how I can get my hands on an English firmware for the HD800.
Thanks in advance

Paul
hartrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 8, 2008, 3:57 PM   #2

Hi Paul,

Sorry I cannot help with the firmware, but can i ask where you got your hd800 from?

Im in the UK and have just ordered one from camerabox - im hoping its going to be English language.

What do you thimk of the 800?
dannat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2008, 7:10 PM   #3

I got mine in Japan whenthey first came out. I can read the menus generally but slowly, translation is tough. I would prefer English menus.
BTW the camera rocks!
you can see some of my work here
http://www.vimeo.com/paulhartrick/videos
Old Dec 9, 2008, 12:13 AM   #4

I got mine in Japan. The menus are in Japanese and can't be changed. In one of the submenus there's a category for 'language' but the only language listed is Japanese. Even in Japanese though, the menus are pretty easy to figure out by trial and error - and you could download the HD700 manual and look at the menus in the manual to help you get an idea - they are pretty much the same as on the HD800. I've checked the Japanese site and as of yet, there doesn't appear to be any firmware upgrade - maybe there will be when they are officially released elsewhere...
..David
higglebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2008, 1:03 PM   #5

Got my delivery from camerabox today - great service considering the time of year.

Anyway, reason for the post is - the manual and all on screen language are in English, so maybe a firmware updaye isnt to far away?

Dan.
Old Dec 18, 2008, 1:21 AM   #6

I just got the official work from Sanyo. No fiormware crossgrade for me.
Old Dec 20, 2008, 10:45 AM   #7

dannat wrote:
Quote:
Got my delivery from camerabox today - great service considering the time of year.

Anyway, reason for the post is - the manual and all on screen language are in English, so maybe a firmware updaye isnt to far away?

Dan.
How do you find it? Should get mine next week from same company
TimboUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2008, 12:42 PM   #8

Ive not really got anything to compare it to - ive not used a video camera for years, and my camera is about six years old now, but I think its a great camera. The pictures both still and videos are good,and the fact it can be in my pocket whenever i need it is a major plus for me.

Im very pleased with my purchase, and expect to be getting on peoples nerves with it around 4pm christmas day ;-)

You can get better stills and you can get better video, but the package at this price I feel it cannot be beaten.

Dan.
Old Dec 21, 2008, 3:03 PM   #9

dannat wrote:
Quote:
Ive not really got anything to compare it to - ive not used a video camera for years, and my camera is about six years old now, but I think its a great camera. The pictures both still and videos are good,and the fact it can be in my pocket whenever i need it is a major plus for me.

Im very pleased with my purchase, and expect to be getting on peoples nerves with it around 4pm christmas day ;-)

You can get better stills and you can get better video, but the package at this price I feel it cannot be beaten.

Dan.

You joined Vimeo yet? Would love to see some samples!!!!

TimboUK is offline   Reply With Quote