Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Dec 13, 2008, 9:25 PM   #1

For a few weeks, I use to eject the sd card and copy the files over to my pc via an added built in card reader. One time, the sd card became corrupt. I lost video footage and I needed to format the sd card to make it work again. Ever since I turn off the power with the power button before ejecting the card, it doesnt seem to become corrupt anymore. Has anybody here have this expirience? Or could this of been related to something else? Any thoughts?
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 17, 2008, 8:56 AM   #2

No I haven't. But you might want to change the title to something else.

It sounds like a moronic question until you read the actual post. Some people might not even be opening the topic up for a read.

It does seem logical to turn off the camera first though. Or ... are you saying there's a difference between just closing the view screen and hitting the power button?

Bob S.
staats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2008, 12:10 PM   #3

This is a common thing. I have gotten corruption from not "Ejecting" USB devices (such as my SDHC card based MP3 player) beforedisconnecting them from my PC. Actually, I've even had corruption when using "Eject", though that was only one time.

Youshould alwayspower down the camera before ejecting the card from the camera or you will run the risk of corruption. It justseems to be a factor of the format.

Rev.
Rev2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2009, 1:58 AM   #4

Rev2010 wrote:
Quote:
This is a common thing. I have gotten corruption from not "Ejecting" USB devices (such as my SDHC card based MP3 player) beforedisconnecting them from my PC. Actually, I've even had corruption when using "Eject", though that was only one time.

Youshould alwayspower down the camera before ejecting the card from the camera or you will run the risk of corruption. It justseems to be a factor of the format.

Rev.
Thanks! Your thoughts on this is valuable. Ever since I started powering off my device to eject the sd card, I expirience no problems so far. I was just wondering if anybody else had issues.

You figure the sd card is mounted on a "powered on" or "suspended" device so the logical thing to do is to eject. I thought the same.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote