Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Dec 16, 2008, 3:58 PM   #1

I recently purchased a Sanyo Xacti HD1010 in September and have found that most of my video recordings have an audio latency problem. The video tends to stay sync for the first minute and soon begins to drift out of sync (about 3-4 seconds delay from video and audio). Problem occurs with all playbacks via camera monitor, dock>Tv output, and on my Macbook Pro. Has anyone else run into this problem?

I've been shooting at 1080p @30p and 720p @60p with an SDHC 8gb Transcend memory card.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
sleepyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 17, 2008, 1:13 AM   #2

can't say I have issues with any sync problems here. NEVER HAVE! try another sd card or use the same footage on a more powerful system. Also, try another software player like VLC.

I run linux using gstreamer and totem movie player for the 720p 60fps stuff. I play movies edited and originals just fine streight through with no sync issues at all. Looks fabulous.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2008, 2:56 AM   #3

Thanks Cresho. I must have a lemon.
Old Dec 17, 2008, 8:46 AM   #4

I had this problem but it was due to the player I was using on my PC. It was right after I got the camera and right now I can't remember the details but yes I was seeing things well before I heard them. This stuff gets very complicated fast ans some of the side effects aren't so easy to deal with. It wasn't camera though. It might have been a configuration issuer with the player and then when I enlarged th screen under XP it got worse. Hope that helps some.

Bob S.
staats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2008, 12:07 PM   #5

If the problem happens on all playback devices including your computer than it most certainly seems to be the SDHC card causing the problem. Definitely try a new Class 6 card. If you still have the problem then you might have a defective camera.

Rev.
Rev2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2008, 1:03 PM   #6

Did you turn on the face detection/chaser mode? If so, it might be the cause. A guy from another forum has reported that problem and I tried it myself and the same audio latency problem occurred. It happens when shooting at 1080p @30 p with face chaser on (not sure about [email protected] 60p). At first , I thought it might just because my computer that cause the problem but when I played it on the camera itself, same audio latency problem occurred.
ykhing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2008, 1:16 AM   #7

ykhing wrote:
Quote:
Did you turn on the face detection/chaser mode? If so, it might be the cause. A guy from another forum has reported that problem and I tried it myself and the same audio latency problem occurred. It happens when shooting at 1080p @30 p with face chaser on (not sure about [email protected] 60p). At first , I thought it might just because my computer that cause the problem but when I played it on the camera itself, same audio latency problem occurred.
this paragraph sounds interesting.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2009, 9:52 PM   #8

Hi, I just joined this forum specifically because I found your post about the HD1010 audio latency.

I too, purchased the HD1010 in September and had been using it with no problems at all. Just recently I decided to read the manual to discover what exactly every feature does. In doing that, I activated Face Chaser, which is pretty cool I might add, and thought everything was fine. Then, I pulled all of the files onto my MacBook Pro only to discover the exact same issue you describe here.

The audio starts off in sync, then all of a sudden it loses sync. The video is slightly ahead of the audio. I had no idea it was related to Face Chaser until I read your post.

I have always shot in Full SHQ 1920x1080 30fps SHQ. In fact, I also just realized the Mac supports this camera highest res, Full-HD at 60 fields/s. Have you found any reason not to shoot at the highest res?
stenasmoge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2009, 2:01 PM   #9

Since the camera was still under warranty, I ended up sending the camera back to get serviced. Apparently, I had a lemon... and now all is fine.