Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jan 12, 2009, 8:03 PM   #1

I saw this on PocketLint: http://www.pocket-lint.co.uk/news/ne...l-launch.phtml

"Sanyo has issued a teaser invite for an event that will see the global launch of the new Sanyo Xacti Dual camera range.

Pocket-lint will be attending the event, so be sure to tune back in around the 21st for all the news on the new products... "

Sounds exciting!
istara is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 14, 2009, 11:27 AM   #2

All I can say is if they come out with a model that has OIS, 720/60p, and 1080p all together I am buying it! An audio meter to visually check recording gain (like on the Canon HF100) would also be killer. The main things I have wanted on my HD1000 are the OIS and 1080p. The HD1010 got things halfway there but still no OIS. So I'm excited to see if they wake up and throw in OIS. Though, with Sanyo's previous "upgrades" I'm a bit worried they still don't give a [email protected] about everyonebegging for OIS.

Rev.
Rev2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2009, 4:29 PM   #3

Hope they do add an is lense but would not hold my breath!.

Have a Canon sx1 at the moment, 1080p and is lense but it's no video lense, ok indoor at the wide setting f2.8 but zoom in and its sluggish, but for night stuff zoom is not that critical to be fair and sensitivity is very very good at 28mm f2.8, you can lock expsoure/focus with a button press which is coolas well but there's no mic input but it does have a meter and a wind-cut filter so for a built in stereo mic its pretty good.

Long tele shots you need a tripod too although the is is very effective, cmos wobble is very apparent so tripod/monopod to keep it solid and pan slow is necesary.

I wonder actually if is lenses help with cmos as I say I wonder if they work against the cmos rolling shutter making the effect worse, am going to experiment but for wide stuff it does seem very stable, nothing like the sanyo's.

One last thing the sx1 is big, even by compact standards its mini-dslr sort of size.
Adventsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2009, 12:49 AM   #4

I'd like to see some user juxtapose an hd1000 and the new models.:-)
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2009, 5:36 AM   #5

http://www.sanyo.com/news/2009/01/21-1en.html

worth upgrading???
TheTurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2009, 6:04 AM   #6

I can't access the page for the life of me. If the [email protected] frames/sec is true, it is about half way to what I would consider an "upgrade" for me. The other option I would love is the "O.I.S." rev2010 mentioned. Without this, It is a no-go!
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2009, 6:13 AM   #7

Try http://www.sanyo.com/xacti/english/products/index.html

Still no OIS!!!!
TheTurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2009, 6:14 AM   #8

Very nice upgrade with the 60fps and the 8M still resolution, plus the interesting (and possibly useful, not sure if I'm fully getting the concept but I do like the idea of a wider angle than the standard HD1010 if that's what it achieves) wide angle feature. Of note though is what is not included with the HD2000: OIS. I won't be upgrading my HD1010 which I still think is a fantastic camera. Maybe a few more models down the track I may consider it.
budgie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2009, 7:18 AM   #9

Sorry Sanyo, no OIS no upgrade. If you would have included OIS with the 1080 60 frames/sec I would have been in like flyn. I guess I will have to wait another year.

I might have consider it if I could find a decent image stabilization program for PC. I have tried de-shaker but it is too complicated and does not work well enough for me.

On a different matter, why develop and produce a normal looking video camera with virtually the same specs as the HD2000?
relate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2009, 8:31 AM   #10

But there is nothing quite like the sanyo!

Listen I now have a Canonsx1(and a hd2, passed on the hd1000, tried but didnt go for it) it has OIS, it's actually unbelievable but the cmos wobble is still very evident and it may be that its actually making it worse. Plus the lense is only f2.8 at 28mm after that it quickly rises to f4 and f5, so dark/dimlit areas limit completely its zoom effectiveness and its a big big camera.

The sanyo has always been about a compromise but the f1.8-2.5 lense makes it sensitive enough down to 6 lux and its pocketable, they are improving the dis all the time so maybe they've got it a bit better than last time. Why not carry a mono-pod for that critical stuff hand-holding any video cam at 700mm equivalent will be impossible anyway optical is or no optical is, every hand movement will be obvious.

Look at the facts, 8mp stills now, 44-700mm fast(read very fast)video lense and full hd 1080/60, in many respects Sanyo are still leading the way and this hybrid is now at the top of my shopping list, may send the Canon sx1 back!

Adventsam is offline   Reply With Quote