Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jan 14, 2009, 2:30 AM   #1

I recently recieved an email regarding my old post on video editing about "too many files" and "only wanted to splice together" with 40 files easily. he/she mentioned or hinted at yamb and mp4box. Yamb has not been updated but mp4box has and it works with 720p files to splice together. I'm not posting "how too's" since Last I tried this software, before today, gaved me tons of headaches. Now it works from what I can tell. Now I am wondering if the mp4 files output would work on the xacti itself!? mp4box has been updated within a month (last I tried was a year ago) and this update allowes yamb to work!

anyway, here are the links

Yamb-2.1.0.0_beta1.zip
http://kurtnoise.free.fr/Yamb/

MP4Box-0.4.5.zip
http://kurtnoise.free.fr/mp4tools/

extract the zip files, place mp4box into yamb folder, open yamb and in settings, tell it where mp4box is and then you are ready to put files together in h.264 mp4 format. or g3.

Since I have no time to test the video splicer/cutter software or put up my expiriences, I'd like to read your expiriences.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 14, 2009, 3:21 AM   #2

okay! My first expirience here! It is bad.

I had like 16 files of a family barbq. The process of putting the files together to one file was excellent. BUT...there is one small problem with this combination of software. audio synchronization with video is terrible. By the time I reached the end of the movie, I had about a 2 second audio/video sync gap.

I'll stop using this software until new versions pop up. I will say that it is greatly improved.
Old Feb 8, 2009, 6:22 PM   #3

My current feedback is that the only software which can do the job is mpeg streamclip. Yamb is not reliable enough.
parisbyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2009, 2:13 AM   #4

parisbyday wrote:
Quote:
My current feedback is that the only software which can do the job is mpeg streamclip. Yamb is not reliable enough.
interesting. Ill take a look! I am currently using virtualdub with deshaker. OpenDML avi files has issues and after creating an avi file that is around 16gb, some applications will not accept opendml files unless I tell virtualdub to split and passthrough audio and video into cut avi files of 1000mb. It works fine for cutting, pasting, exporting to mpeg2 for video editing under linux cinelerra or blender but what I am really looking for os something different and a bit more compatible. I tried your suggestion a while back and was giving me issues. I'll take another look!
Old Feb 9, 2009, 1:51 PM   #5

I remember why I stopped using this. It can't do direct streamcopy. It converts. The program is really good but some people have asked me about editing the files without reconverting.

Virtualdub does just that, converts or just streamcopies. The only issue is that all output is avi. avi is an old container and was hoping to see something like mp4. so I can completely splice together a 2 hour video in under 5 minutes also including some editing. streamcopy converts so it takes a few hours to do your conversion depending on you pc.
Old Feb 10, 2009, 6:17 AM   #6

With mpegstream it does not reencode if you do a "save as" instead of export to MPEG-4.
It will be a direct stream copy.

JL.
parisbyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2009, 2:04 PM   #7

ahhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks for the tip.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 7:15 PM   #8

So is the software that comes with the camera no good? Seems to be:

Adobe Premiere Elements 4.0
Xacti Screen Capture 1.1

I haven't installed either as yet (the camera just arrived)
bug2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2009, 12:52 AM   #9

Also, I've just realised that Virtualdub won't accept MP4 (the HD800 output file type) as standard. How you do you guys get the file into Virtualdub in the first place? Are you converting to AVI first, and if so, what are you using to do that without losing too much quality?

Thanks!

EDIT: Ah, just found this (http://www.tateu.net/software/dl.php?f=qtvd_bin) that lets you add MP4 to Virtualdub.
bug2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2009, 1:08 AM   #10

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mp4cam2avi/

version mp4cam2avi 2.79 is the one I use. It keeps the video but changes the audio to mp3 and converts it to avi. it splits the files according to how big you want it. max is 2gb. when importing to another application, make sure that virtualdub avi output can work for lets say 6gb. Some applications dislike this but works well when you use 2gb files.