Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Feb 3, 2009, 1:27 PM   #1

Hi All
I have an HD1000 and do most of my recording in 720p 60fps.
I use windows xp.
After a long search, I discovered that MPC-HC supports the purevideo decoder on my 8800gt graphics card. What that means is that it uses directx video acceleration (DXVA) to decode the video, resulting in 3-4% cpu usage! Compare this with any other playback software and cpu usage will be 70% or so.

Download the latest version here:
http://www.xvidvideo.ru/content/category/1/1/2/

Here is more info on that feature:
http://mpc-hc.sourceforge.net/DXVASupport.html

As long as no other codecs stand in the way, DXVA should work with any 8 series or higher nvidia graphics card and ATI HD series cards.

Enjoy your smooth video, with almost no cpu usage!
mtmfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 3, 2009, 11:13 PM   #2

Thanks mtmfc for the tip it works a treat. Although my normal CPU was only around 50% it did drop it down to around 8-10%.

For the technically minded though I had to do some work to get it to work instead of the Media Player Classic in my K-lite codec pack.

I had to re-name the original "Media Player Classic" folder to "BACMedia Player Classic" and paste the new unzipped media player folder into the K-lite folder and rename it to the original name "Media Player Classic"
relate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2009, 12:29 AM   #3

relate2 wrote:
Quote:
Thanks mtmfc for the tip it works a treat. Although my normal CPU was only around 50% it did drop it down to around 8-10%.

For the technically minded though I had to do some work to get it to work instead of the Media Player Classic in my K-lite codec pack.

I had to re-name the original "Media Player Classic" folder to "BACMedia Player Classic" and paste the new unzipped media player folder into the K-lite folder and rename it to the original name "Media Player Classic"
excellent assessment! I'll patch up my second pc in this manner.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2009, 10:09 AM   #4

I remember having a similar issue actually. The normal mpc and mpchc get muddled up if both are installed.
How ironic an open source app is the best by far I've been able to find.
Now all I need is a HW accelerated editing sw... Maybe the AVIDEMUX guys will provide.
mtmfc is offline   Reply With Quote