Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Feb 27, 2009, 1:43 PM   #21

Actually, the current price of 1010 is $565:

http://www.jr.com/sanyo/pe/SAN_VPCHD1010BK/

This is why the price $599 for 2000 looks reasonable...

FZKAP

FZKAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2009, 2:27 PM   #22

FZKAP wrote:
Quote:
Actually, the current price of 1010 is $565:

http://www.jr.com/sanyo/pe/SAN_VPCHD1010BK/

This is why the price $599 for 2000 looks reasonable...

FZKAP

But $565 for HD1010 is still expensive for a one year one machine, this is OLD MODEL! The HD1010 is actually selling at warehouse site for $479 only.
http://www.warehouse123.com/ProductI...NVPCHD1010-BLK
MP4-19B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2009, 10:28 AM   #23

MP4-19B wrote:
Quote:
But $565 for HD1010 is still expensive for a one year one machine, this is OLD MODEL! The HD1010 is actually selling at warehouse site for $479 only.
http://www.warehouse123.com/ProductI...NVPCHD1010-BLK
The $599 price is correct. Sanyo even listed a $599 suggested retail price tag. The HD1010 will likely drop in price after the HD2000 is out. Being it's not yet out is why it's still going for $550 or less.

Rev.
Rev2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2009, 3:55 AM   #24

MP4-19B wrote:
Quote:
Sorry to hear about the pain but great to hear that your insurance will take care the matter.
Confirmed with warehouse123, they have the HD2000 in stock.
http://www.warehouse123.com/ProductI...NVPCHD2000-BLK
Price is double comparing to the HD1010. :?
Price dropped to US$572
arizona321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2009, 5:15 AM   #25

Just a quick follow up to let you all know that I just received the order from Digital Rev for my HD2000 Actually it was 2 days earlier than their website said it would arrive.

I was a tad bt dubious about them before the order, but their customer service was impeccable, I called them twice and got a real (English speaking and polite) person immediately and the item was shipped well packed from Hong Kong and arrived in New Zealand much earlier than I expected so I was very pleased.

They also do include import duties or taxes if your country requires it and it was quite a benefit as packages over $500 tend to stick in customs for a few days at least here in NZ if you have to deal with customs to pay the taxes. So it was a real blessing to have it arrive so quick with this apparentlymagical sticker called "Neutral Delivery" stuck on the package by DHL.

Yes the price was perhaps a touch more than others could offer for this in a few months when this camera is widely available, but I needed it now and the price difference didn't bother me as my insurance company was footing the bill to pay for the equivalent HD1000 that got stolen recently. I would buy from them again and would recommend them based on the very prompt responses I got and the quick arrival of everything safely.

I'll post my 1st impressions in another thread so it makes more sense....

cdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2009, 7:02 PM   #26

cdude wrote:
Quote:
Just a quick follow up to let you all know that I just received the order from Digital Rev for my HD2000 Actually it was 2 days earlier than their website said it would arrive.

I was a tad bt dubious about them before the order, but their customer service was impeccable, I called them twice and got a real (English speaking and polite) person immediately and the item was shipped well packed from Hong Kong and arrived in New Zealand much earlier than I expected so I was very pleased.

They also do include import duties or taxes if your country requires it and it was quite a benefit as packages over $500 tend to stick in customs for a few days at least here in NZ if you have to deal with customs to pay the taxes. So it was a real blessing to have it arrive so quick with this apparentlymagical sticker called "Neutral Delivery" stuck on the package by DHL.

Yes the price was perhaps a touch more than others could offer for this in a few months when this camera is widely available, but I needed it now and the price difference didn't bother me as my insurance company was footing the bill to pay for the equivalent HD1000 that got stolen recently. I would buy from them again and would recommend them based on the very prompt responses I got and the quick arrival of everything safely.

I'll post my 1st impressions in another thread so it makes more sense....

Wait so you actually purchased one from their site? I want to buy one but am a little weary of the site's reputability. I'm ordering from the U.S. and don't really want to wait for J&R unless it's an issue of Warehouse123 being sketchy...
abarfield9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2009, 3:57 AM   #27

I'm not sure about Warehouse 123, I didn't even know about them, but my searching only found a few sites that preorder them, such as the one Adventsam here mentioned, expansys.co.uk -- But the only 2 sites between the beginning of Feb and now (when I bought the thing) that actually had the HD2000 in stock and ready to ship in a couple of days was the seemingly dodgy BroadwayPhoto (there are huge amounts of comments on various webpages complaining about them and how they switch or send refurbished items) and DigitalRev
I am from NY and remember the grey market stores like Broadway photo that sold other region cameras - I needed the HD2000 now so I called them and the guy who answered was such a jerk and asked for dodgy things like wire transfers (which can't have chargebacks) that combined with these web comments I found I thought I'd avoid them.

I then came across Digital Rev and had a friend of mine from hong kong look at their site and search a bit about them and it seemed like they had a store in an expensive mall in an area he was familiar with so I thought I'd try them and they turned out to be quite reputable and worked well for me. I did have to fax through a copy of my drivers license and proof of shipping address since it was a first order or something but they acted quick and always answered the phone so I went with them and got it super quick. So with my experience, yes they were good and their shipping charges were smaller than I expected.

I don't know anything about Warehouse 123 - but I used to buy stuff from J&R'sphysical store in south manhattansomewhereall the time years ago - so I would guess they are ok but I've never ordered anything online from them.

You could always wait and everyone locally will have one. If I was local and could wait, I'd probably buy from B & H Photo in manhattan as I have ordered online from them and they've been very professional in the past for me.

Depends what your needs are, but I wouldn't be afraid of ordering from overseas if you do a bit of research. So many stores and ppl are hesitant to ship or buy from overseas as if the rest of the world were some black hole or something :?but it's generally pretty good. Tho I get that its usually a pain if you have everything you need within a few hundred miles, why take the risk.

I was just posting my purchase experience, cuz I asked here where to find the camera (and the reviews here have helped me in the past) so I thought I'd just relay my experience in case others were in the same boat wanting one yesterday. :-)

hope that helped...
cdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2009, 12:04 PM   #28

abarfield9 wrote:
Quote:
Wait so you actually purchased one from their site? I want to buy one but am a little weary of the site's reputability. I'm ordering from the U.S. and don't really want to wait for J&R unless it's an issue of Warehouse123 being sketchy...
Ordered mine from warehouse123 after they dropped the price. Price included a very nice 8GB Toshiba card and a replacement battery.Received my HD2000 within 2 days.
MP4-19B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2009, 12:49 AM   #29

now when will warehouse123 and digitalrev fix the price for CG10?
pajamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2009, 6:00 AM   #30

Hi all,

I'm wondering whether the HD 2000 sold at digitalrev is the multi language one (that is, french selectable, amongst others..)

Can anyone who bought there tell me ?

Thanks !

eaullas is offline   Reply With Quote