Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Mar 10, 2009, 6:24 AM   #31

The one I bought from digital rev is multi-language. In Options Menu 2 on the camera it has a language setting that allows you to choose from English, Francais, Deutsch, Espanol, Italiano, Nederlands, Russian, Portugese, Turkish, Japanese, both forms of Chinesem and arabic (at least I think it's arabic - the font is weird - it might be something else).

The paper manuals that shipped were in many of these languages - but only the Quick Start Guide included English, not the Full manual. Even though all full manuals are in PDF format on the DVD rom that came with it, I complained and Digital Rev apologized, claimed it was a factory packing error as they do not remove or insert anything in the boxes and then sent me an english paper manual by air mail which arrived a week and a half later. Good service if you ask me.
cdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2009, 6:26 AM   #32

btw, I'm really digging that Digital Rev branded small camera bag i got too, the City Traveller 200, fits everything and my wide angle lens for it too. Decent quality for an inexpensive camera bag. :-)
Old Mar 10, 2009, 8:19 AM   #33

cdude wrote:
Quote:
btw, I'm really digging that Digital Rev branded small camera bag i got too, the City Traveller 200, fits everything and my wide angle lens for it too. Decent quality for an inexpensive camera bag. :-)
Thanks for all the answers

All that matters actually are the menus of the camera itself, especially when I need to resell it.

So it looks like what I would have expected, but since all they answered me was that "the cameras were coming from the asian zone", I had doubts..

Cheers
eaullas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2009, 8:38 AM   #34

does it have a multi voltage charger?
pajamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2009, 6:58 AM   #35

Like most camcorders this does come with a 100-240 voltage charger - you just need an adapter for your area (or standard cable to plug into the mini brick charger) and you are good to go. The power cord I got with mine from Digital Rev is a European cord.

The charger plugs into the dock (and I believe also directly to the camera. I usually leave my dock plugged in and HDMI connected to my big LCD TV and then just take an extra battery and the VAR-L50 charger with me (though that extra charger and extra battery did not come with it). Not sure if Digital Rev sells the extra external battery charger (handy when you are docked or wanting to charge a spare battery while using the camera - I am using the one I got from Amazon US for my old HD1000 - it is compatible. I did however get an extra battery from Digital Rev.

The camera comes with lots of cables composite, component, USB, audio cables etc - except HDMI - it does not come with those. There is also a soft bag in the box and a tiny remote control and wrist strap and lens cap strap as I recall as well as some adapters.

hope this helps :crazy:

Old Mar 15, 2009, 8:15 PM   #36

Warehouse123 is now sold out, and DigitalRev only have the gold one, were there any other sources that people have found to buy this bad boy?
abarfield9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2009, 4:35 PM   #37

I was just wondering? So if I buy from overseas, the charging unit will NEED an adapter to charge the camera? You cant just plug it in to an outlet like right away? (Im in the United States by the way)

Thanks alot...
omidaeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2009, 4:40 PM   #38

thats too sweeping a statement to say all purchases overseas. The digital rev ones dont need an anapter in the sense of a whole power adapter, just the plu portion. the charger/adapter bit still works with 110V as there is in the US or 240V like most places overseas.

You just need a european plug to US plug or a standard US cable which will pllug into the bricks - these are generally only a couple of dollars at a radio shack.
Old Mar 16, 2009, 4:56 PM   #39

To be more specific, the purchase Im looking into will come from ebay listings from Hong Kong or Japan....

So you are telling me that I will not need an adapter except for the "plu" portion.... ? What is the plu portion?

Basically, the wire that directly charges the camera (without the docking station) ... Will it need an adapter before its plugged into a wall?

The reason I ask is because Im just wondering if Im traveling, and want to carry just my camcorder and the charging wire, would I also need to carry an adapter around for the charging wire?
omidaeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2009, 7:07 AM   #40

omidaeus wrote:
Quote:
To be more specific, the purchase Im looking into will come from ebay listings from Hong Kong or Japan....

So you are telling me that I will not need an adapter except for the "plu" portion.... ? What is the plu portion?

Basically, the wire that directly charges the camera (without the docking station) ... Will it need an adapter before its plugged into a wall?

The reason I ask is because Im just wondering if Im traveling, and want to carry just my camcorder and the charging wire, would I also need to carry an adapter around for the charging wire?
sorry typo. thot it was obvious. "plu" = "plug"

You can pluG the power adaptor into either the camera handle or the docking station. Then that power adaptor has a "brick"-style section which a power cord pluGs into. That power cord that comes with it from Digital Rev Hong Kong (sourced from the Asia market they tell me), has a European power cord. The power adaptor brick works globally (110-240). So you have 2 options to use it in the USA: 1) put a Euro to US plug adapter on the European power cord OR 2) get an American power cord from a radio shack or whereever and plug directly into the power adaptor brick.

PLUS 3) Buy an extra battery plus a Sanyo VAR-L50U Compact Battery Charger for Sanyo DB-L50AU Lithium-Ion Battery (the one for the HD1000 works for the HD2000 - same specs) as I did from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Sanyo-VAR-L50U.../dp/B000XD4NZW

then keep the power adaptor plugged into the dock and just charge the battery via the battery charger.

I've uploaded the HD2000 manual so you can see what I'm talking about and what comes with it:

drop.io/xactihd2000

hope that makes sense now :?