Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Mar 17, 2009, 7:10 AM   #41

Btw. In that PDF I uploaded, page 50 of the PDF (not 50 in the manual) shows the power adaptor.

Page 23 of the PDF shows the included accessories.:whack:
cdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2009, 2:29 PM   #42

Thanks alot cdude... That makes a lot of sense....

I went ahead an purchased the Sanyo Xacti HD2000 camcorder from Riolala.com for $600. I also purchased a 32GB TOPRAM SD card along with an SD card reader for $100, so that I would be able to upload my videos to my computer even when I dont have my DOCK around. Now Im gonna spend another $25 to get the extra batter and battery charger.

So far Im pleased with my decision to purchase the Sanyo HD2000, although I must admit the excitement is killing me. I cant wait to get that baby in my hands.

I did have ALOT of trouble deciding weather to go with the SONY TG1 or this SANYO HD2000. My main dillemma was that SONY has WAYYYYY bettter Image Stabilization using optical images technologies, and the AUTO -FOUCS is apparently better, and LASTLY, SONY 's camcorder is truly "pocket-size".......

Sanyo is a little bulky to fit in the pocket comfortably, but as far as Image Stabilization (IS) and auto-focus goes, I'm hoping that with this new HD2000 model they have improved this weakness. Plus the reason I finally decided to go with Sanyo is the true 1080p at 60fps is amazing. ALSO, the dual camera aspect reallllly won me over because the whole purpose of having a small camcorder is portability, and so the SONY camcorder takes only 4MP pictures, while the Sanyo takes 8 MP, and I heard that the 4MP pictures on Sony are horrible anyways. For me this was a winner because now I dont have to carry around a camera and a camcorder... I have them both in one.

Additionally, the Sanyo offers alot of neat plug-ins and add ons, such as a MIC jack, Headphone Jack, direct charging outlet, Pop-up flash, HDMI outlet, and a few other plug-ins, plus you can purchase advanced lens' like wide-angle and fish-eye to capture even more amazing footage when you need it. Also, the files are recorded in MP4 format (not AVCHD like SONY), which makes editing and stuff easier on the computer. Aslo the Sanyo comes iwht a controller and Sony does not come with a controller. Plus, the SD memory cards for the SONY cost 4 times more than the SD cards for the Sanyo.

Lets hope Im not disappointed now with my decision.... ANYBODY else have any input on my comparison of Sanyo Xacti HD2000 versus Sony HDR-TG1?
omidaeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2009, 9:19 AM   #43

Sony TG1 1080i not 1080p and keep dreaming about Sony TG1 having 60 fps like you say.

There is also one Huge annoyance of Sony TG1 the memorycard memory stick pro crap. No SD card. Of course you can be innovative and buy 2 small microsd and put them in a memory stuck pro casing, yet you'll get message that it may harm performance every time you start recording (which it doesn't by the way).

Just like you since I heard 1080p and 60fps I dropped it like a rock Sony TG1/3 completely and never looked at it anymore.

I'm trying too look for alternatives compared 2 Sanyo HD2000 but I can't seem to find it. What other camcorders are there that small, record in 1080p 60fps?

By the way MP4 is easier to edit on computer YET changing it to different format will probably mean losing quality unlike avchd.

Tell us about your experiences later plz.

Lerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2009, 9:31 PM   #44

What happend to the price? The last time I looked it was below $600.00

http://www.warehouse123.com/ProductI...NVPCHD2000-BLK
Egmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2009, 3:34 AM   #45

Price? Sanyo managed to persuade that camcorder review site to say it was better than sliced bread. Of course they raised the price after that review

Trevmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2009, 5:05 PM   #46

I got my Sanyo Xacti Hd2000 delivered today, and I unpacked right away. I felt like a little kid on Christmas morning or something.. haha

Anyhoo. I was somewhat hesitant about getting scammed, since it comes all the way from Hong Kong, so when I opened the box, it looked brand new... and all the seals seemed untouched. Although initially I ordered it for $580 from riolala.com, they ended up refunding me back (through Paypal) because apparently they had a "bad batch" of cameras....... I wonder if I would have used their "Pay Directly with Your Bank Account Information" option (which they seem to push alot on their website) if I would have been scammed since there is no guarantee (like there is with Paypal)....

Anyways... I ended paying $20 more (about $600)... and purchasing it fromP L E M I X .com..... Its funny because the same time I got an email from Riolala.com about the Refund, I got an email fromP L E M I X.com notifying of their new stock of Sanyo Xacti HD2000.... ( It keeps getting filtered so I had to space out the letters)

So far I have enjoyed the overall look and feel of my Sanyo dual camera. I had watched so many videos/websites of people "unboxing" it and stuff that i wasn't too surprized by ALL the different wires and accesories that come in the box.

At this point there is only one thing that I am disappointed about.... I thought there was an HDMI outlet on the camera so that I could watch video footage without needed the dock station... But unfortunately, if you plan on watching your videos using your camera, then plan on having your docking station around whereever you are..... (PS.. they do not supply an HDMI cable, so thats something you would need to purchase as well) Another slight issues is the provided editing/burning software is not MAC compatible... oh well....

As far as other issues, as cdude had mentioned earlier in the forum.... the Charger plug is not U.S. standard, so I'm going to run to the store and buy one for it... Shouldnt be too expensive ($10-15) ... I cannot blame them for this since this is nt suppose to be a United States product (although I have read on some webistes that its available in here too now, yet no where sells it... even the Sanyo website has nothing posted)

Also, my 32GB sd card has not arrived yet, which is annoying because I want to start shooting!!....lol..... I think Im just gonna buy a temporary on from Best Buy and then return it when I get my 32GB.... hah....

But now I have an additional concern regarding the MPEG4 issue..... SO Mpeg 4 is easier to edit/use than AVCHD........ BUT AVCHD retains video quality better than MPEG4 when converted? Whats a typical situation where you would need to convert from MPEG 4 ... and to what other format would you convert for what reasons? Does anyone feel like AVCHD is a necessary format now, and that MPEG4 is going to be outdated in next few years?

Thanks everyone!

Old Mar 21, 2009, 9:26 PM   #47

sorry....im confused. you said you ordered it from Hong Kong and then P L E M I X .com?
pajamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2009, 9:58 PM   #48

I purchased it from P L E M I X .com and it was shipped from Hong Kong......

I guess they are based out China?....
Old Mar 22, 2009, 9:26 PM   #49

The HD2000 records to H.264 just like any of the AVCHD camcorders. The differences aren't that much.

Would you be willing to upload some samples here?:
http://vimeo.com/
Paulo Teixeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2009, 5:01 AM   #50

I shot a few things this past weekend that I was planning on uploading while I was on a boat at a rowing event, but I was super busy and made some mistakes - I accidentally zoomed using the wide angle lens adapter I had on the camera. A big no-no, I know -:angry: so anyway as you know you shouldnt do that and it of course causes the edges of the footage to blur if you zoom thru a wide angle adapter lens - so much of what I shot is useless to show decent quality.

Ill have another look and see if there is anything clean I can upload, otherwise I will shoot some more stuff this weekend and upload then.... And I'll start another more pertinent thread then
cdude is offline   Reply With Quote