Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Mar 23, 2009, 11:33 AM   #51

omidaeus wrote:
Quote:
I got my Sanyo Xacti Hd2000 delivered today, and I unpacked right away. I felt like a little kid on Christmas morning or something.. haha

Anyhoo. I was somewhat hesitant about getting scammed, since it comes all the way from Hong Kong, so when I opened the box, it looked brand new... and all the seals seemed untouched.
Hi,

Are you sure it comes from HK ?
I eventually ordered mine from digital rev, expecting that menus would be switchable to european languages, although coming from Asia... I keep my fingers crossed (they could not give me a clear answer)

Are your menus in english ?

Thanks
eaullas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2009, 3:03 AM   #52

i dont know about omadeus' order. but I ordered mine from Digital Rev (if you scrolled up enough and read the beginning of this thread). And I phoned Hong Kong Digital Rev directly with an HK country code and spoke to them in english (they were polite and helpful) and yes mine is in english.
cdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2009, 11:27 AM   #53

does it comes with International Warranty?
thanks
pajamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2009, 2:22 PM   #54

yes it comes with a 12 month Sanyo warranty and I filled the card in online and got the certificate for the warranty. However I have not yet (and probably wont) make a claim against the warranty so I wont know if I'll experience any problems with that. But its likely that I wont since I have a certificate which seems to be an international one...?
cdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2009, 7:12 PM   #55

Hi,

Could you point me where to fill this online registration please ? I have a hard time finding it..

Thanks a lot
eaullas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2009, 7:14 PM   #56

warehouse123.com has it on stock right now for $597. And even shows a free kit set containing
Free Kit Set:
  • one FREE DB-L50 Replacement Battery [/*]
  • one FREE Screen Protector [/*]
  • one FREE Mini Tripod [/*]
  • one FREE Toshiba 8GB SDHC Memory Card[/*]
I'm tempted to buy it but not really too sure about this seller. I've seen mixed reviews from them. Any info, good or bad feedback on them?

rrbarcarse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2009, 9:03 PM   #57

Hello omidaeus,

can u please tell me if the sanyo autofocus/image stabilization disappointed you in compatison to the sony camcorder that u wanted to buy.

My dilemma of the sanyo is the autofocus and image stabilization quality.

I own a conon that has an instant autofocus and I love it. I hate the canon low light quality. That is the reason for switching to sanyo, but if sanyo keep hunting the subject with the autofocus, what is the point to being better in low light ?

thank you

omidaeus wrote:
Quote:
I got my Sanyo Xacti Hd2000 delivered today, and I unpacked right away. I felt like a little kid on Christmas morning or something.. haha

Anyhoo. I was somewhat hesitant about getting scammed, since it comes all the way from Hong Kong, so when I opened the box, it looked brand new... and all the seals seemed untouched. Although initially I ordered it for $580 from riolala.com, they ended up refunding me back (through Paypal) because apparently they had a "bad batch" of cameras....... I wonder if I would have used their "Pay Directly with Your Bank Account Information" option (which they seem to push alot on their website) if I would have been scammed since there is no guarantee (like there is with Paypal)....

Anyways... I ended paying $20 more (about $600)... and purchasing it fromP L E M I X .com..... Its funny because the same time I got an email from Riolala.com about the Refund, I got an email fromP L E M I X.com notifying of their new stock of Sanyo Xacti HD2000.... ( It keeps getting filtered so I had to space out the letters)

So far I have enjoyed the overall look and feel of my Sanyo dual camera. I had watched so many videos/websites of people "unboxing" it and stuff that i wasn't too surprized by ALL the different wires and accesories that come in the box.

At this point there is only one thing that I am disappointed about.... I thought there was an HDMI outlet on the camera so that I could watch video footage without needed the dock station... But unfortunately, if you plan on watching your videos using your camera, then plan on having your docking station around whereever you are..... (PS.. they do not supply an HDMI cable, so thats something you would need to purchase as well) Another slight issues is the provided editing/burning software is not MAC compatible... oh well....

As far as other issues, as cdude had mentioned earlier in the forum.... the Charger plug is not U.S. standard, so I'm going to run to the store and buy one for it... Shouldnt be too expensive ($10-15) ... I cannot blame them for this since this is nt suppose to be a United States product (although I have read on some webistes that its available in here too now, yet no where sells it... even the Sanyo website has nothing posted)

Also, my 32GB sd card has not arrived yet, which is annoying because I want to start shooting!!....lol..... I think Im just gonna buy a temporary on from Best Buy and then return it when I get my 32GB.... hah....

But now I have an additional concern regarding the MPEG4 issue..... SO Mpeg 4 is easier to edit/use than AVCHD........ BUT AVCHD retains video quality better than MPEG4 when converted? Whats a typical situation where you would need to convert from MPEG 4 ... and to what other format would you convert for what reasons? Does anyone feel like AVCHD is a necessary format now, and that MPEG4 is going to be outdated in next few years?

Thanks everyone!

marcolisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2009, 12:48 AM   #58

Europeans can buy a HD2000 at a very good price from Simply Electronics, an Amazon company. I bought mine from there. Fast shipment.

Price: £ 403.00 pounds with 'easter10for10' promotional code and shipment included.

Actually £ 403.00 pounds is equal to 449.00 euros and no duty or additional taxes for Europe of course.

mdmCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2009, 12:26 PM   #59

VPC-HD2000ex UK version.

£409 Google search and free delivery, I cant beat £403 above and no doubt by May time sales it'll go down further, but I went to www.camerabox.co.uk as they are well known and I get 2 year warranty for £419 and £8 delivery, but considering it was upto £550 elsewhere I didnt do to badly with a 2 year warranty as well.
and I'm extremely happy with it so far.
Just get one you won't regret it, think of the money you'll save on DV tapes, head cleaners, time wasted searching and converting from DV tapes.
upgrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2009, 11:28 PM   #60

They dropped the price to $557!

I've been a faithful warehouse123 customer for YEARS
! I bought most of my Sanyo video cameras from them, you can't go wrong!

rrbarcarse wrote:
Quote:
warehouse123.com has it on stock right now for $597. And even shows a free kit set containing
Free Kit Set:
  • one FREE DB-L50 Replacement Battery [/*]
  • one FREE Screen Protector [/*]
  • one FREE Mini Tripod [/*]
  • one FREE Toshiba 8GB SDHC Memory Card[/*]
I'm tempted to buy it but not really too sure about this seller. I've seen mixed reviews from them. Any info, good or bad feedback on them?

arizona321 is offline   Reply With Quote