Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Feb 3, 2009, 6:00 PM   #1

Hey all,

New member here. Thanks for all the great reviews and thoughtful posts. They have been quite useful to me and I appreciate reading it all! :-)

I was hoping though, that someone might be able to help me find out where I can buy a Xacti HD2000 online from preferably a non dodgy dealer. Someone that doesn't have a crazy price and can ship worldwide.

My HD1000 was stolen during a break-in recently and the insurance wants to replace it with a HD1010 - but since the HD2000 is new and roughly the same price, I've got the insurance company agreed to replace it with one - but I have to get them an online quote and locate a place I can source it from soon.

Any help finding one would be greatly appreciated.

Also, Does anyone here know the following about the HD2000:

* Do HD1000 accessories work with it? I still have an extra dock, power adapter, Wide Angle lens and external battery charger for the HD1000 - will they work with the HD2000?

* Ive seen model names like VPC-HD2000 and DMX-HD2000 - are they for different regions but are actually the same camera? If so, is one the PAL-friendly vs NTSC friendly version? i.e. is there a 50fps mode as well as the 60fps mode? Not a biggie, I just want to be sure what is what when I order online.

thanks for your help,
cdude
cdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 3, 2009, 9:01 PM   #2

I thought it wasn't available until March at the earliest. How long will your insurance let you wait?
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2009, 10:40 PM   #3

i'm not sure. i hope long enough so i don't have to get an HD1010 instead.

i've seen unboxing videos of the HD2000 so i assume it's available in the UK or Japan or Singapore or something. Any links to good Sanyo carrying stores online that might have it would be great.... thx
Old Feb 4, 2009, 6:08 AM   #4

Offically the hd2000 is released 6th Feb, so any day it should turn up somewhere!
Adventsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2009, 6:19 AM   #5

https://www.expansys.com/p.aspx?i=178063

http://uk.sanyo.com/AssetBrowser/Dua...ecs/HD2000.pdf

It should be this week, the other one will be march, but no mic etc, hd2000 looks very cool though!
Old Feb 4, 2009, 6:29 AM   #6

thanks for the links I wonder if expansys australia would have it as that's closer to me in NZ...? I'll check...

Btw what did you mean "by the other one" in march? which one?

And what did you mean by no mic? Doesn't this HD2000 model have an external mic input like the HD1000 and HD1010 has? thx for clarifying
Old Feb 4, 2009, 6:34 AM   #7

yes the hd2000 has the mic, but the new form factor fh11 with similar spec doesnt, so your fine.

http://uk.sanyo.com/AssetBrowser/Dua...re%20final.pdf

http://uk.sanyo.com/AssetBrowser/Dua...ecs/HD2000.pdf
Old Feb 25, 2009, 8:34 PM   #8

So far the only places that have these in stock NOW (as of this post date) that I've found is:

Broadway Camera in New York - but they seemed less than helpful and I doubt customer service if I have a problem for US$599

and

Digital Rev
in Hong Kong (website is www Dot digitalrev Dot com - it got filtered in here for some reason? Maybe I need to post more?) where it costs more, but seems a bit more reliable - I have a friend here who had visited one of their stores in hong kong and said it was good. There are mixed reviews online of their service - though most of the complaints were from people who had different credit card billing and shipping addresses. They are around US$720 and I think I'll go with these guys.

Anybody please let me know if you have purchased with these guys before.

Also can anyone definitively confirm if the HD1000 or HD1010 battery and lens accessories fit and work fine with the HD2000?? :?

thanks!
:-)
Old Feb 26, 2009, 1:27 AM   #9

Stay away from Broadway Photo! Have you seen Reseller ratings for this place? 1.18 out of 10. Many complaints of bait and switch.
willk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2009, 3:47 AM   #10

good to know about Broadway - thanks for the heads up - though I did have a feeling they were a bit dodgy, the guy was a bit of a prick when I spoke to him on the phone.

I think I'm going to go with Digital Rev and I'll post back when it arrives safely soon hopefully...