Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Feb 6, 2009, 12:27 PM   #11

The PS3 is basically a computer. You can even install Linux to it. It will play whatever frame rate you put into it, it's not something that needs to be supported. For Blu-ray discs however I am not sure. I would think for Blu-ray discs there are standards the data has to be within to playback on blu-ray players. So when we're talking about burning blu-ray discs then I don't know. I've actually asked this here before and nobody ever answered. But as an MP4 file that you copy over to the PS3 it will play it back fine even with a 60p frame rate.

I would think the issue of CMOS wobble would be visuallyimproved with the 60p frame rate. Reason being the frame is drawn in less time so thereby there will be less motion between thefirst lineof the scan and the last. I could be wrong but that certainly would seem to make sense.

Rev.
Rev2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2009, 2:54 PM   #12

Adventsam wrote:
Quote:
I have another observation as well regarding cmos and video wobble.

I have noticed that very few Sony'sat 1080i exhibit the cmos wobble, 1080p on cams like the hd1000 seem to exhibit it more.
I keep reading about the "wobble". I have a few [email protected] and never seen wobble. Is there video footage I can check out? Just curious.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2009, 3:10 PM   #13

I never noticed the wobble either. I've only seen examples of it from people filming whileriding inracecars on Vimeo. I've filmed while in a long taxi ride and see no wobble at all. Just go to Vimeo or Youtube and search for CMOS wobble.

Rev.
Rev2010 is offline   Reply With Quote