Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Apr 17, 2009, 4:57 PM   #91

I tried looking at the rolling shutter. I can't see it. Maybee its too fast for me to see it. Or maybee its your pc.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2009, 5:26 PM   #92

Cresho wrote:
Quote:
I tried looking at the rolling shutter. I can't see it. Maybee its too fast for me to see it. Or maybee its your pc.
He's right, the rolling shutter is there. When he does the quick pan to the left at 7 seconds in pause some frames and look how everything is slanted, the trees, the metal bars, etc are all slanted to the left.

However, in my opinion it's no big deal. Anything panned that fast will look like crap regardless. So having a quick moment of rolling shutter that you won't normally see unless you pause and examine the frames is not too big of a deal for my purposes.

Rev.

Rev2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2009, 6:32 PM   #93

I just had a look and you must have been trawling the net trying to find that. If all it is is the slight slanting of a tree or bars then the Sanyo doesn't have a problem. Rolling shutter problems to me is when the tree or pole is cut in half as the camera pans past which I have seen on some really cheap video cameras and some early Canons.
relate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2009, 9:10 PM   #94

I don't think anybody who wants to do video seriously would pan that fast either. None of my videos have this issue.

You want to see real wobble? go here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__ksOxMzjjc
Old Apr 17, 2009, 11:44 PM   #95

relate2 wrote:
Quote:
I just had a look and you must have been trawling the net trying to find that. If all it is is the slight slanting of a tree or bars then the Sanyo doesn't have a problem. Rolling shutter problems to me is when the tree or pole is cut in half as the camera pans past which I have seen on some really cheap video cameras and some early Canons.
I really hope you are referring to Subc and not me, cause you know I've been on here for a long time supporting the HDxxx series and still do. But, he IS right... that video does indeed show rolling shutter. I never see it in my videos either but it is indeed rolling shutter. Do a quick search on Google and you will see plenty of image examples of it, like this one: http://web.tiscali.it/rudiversal/ima...fekt%20HC1.JPG

The slant in that image shows rolling shutter in the exact same way I saw it in that posted vid. It's not cut, it's a slant cause the CMOS sensor renders from the bottom up which results in a skewed image. but truth is, all CMOS camcorders suffer from this.

All that aside, as I mentioned, it doesn't bother me at all. I use my cam for vacation vids and other personal stuff so it works amazingly. If I were making an indy film I would not use a CMOS based cam, but who would anyway? People keep whining about CMOS rolling shutter but fail to address two things: 1. CCD has it's own inherent flaws, and 2. Who is going to be whizzing the camera around so fast that this becomes a major issue? Unless you're filming car racing or inside a car or other fast moving object. Otherwise the issue is pretty moot.

Rev.
Rev2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2009, 2:21 AM   #96

no rev he was reffering to subc. I'm starting to think hes a fanboy of the compeditor. Why else would he comment like that and look hard? He obviously likes brand X.
Old Apr 18, 2009, 7:26 AM   #97

Cresho is right I was referring to Subc, sorry I should have been more specific.
relate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2009, 6:20 PM   #98

VPC-HD2000(ex) 16GB SDHC Transend SD-Card.

Hello all day 2 with my new VPC-HD2000ex (UK version)

I read as many reviews as possible before purchase the best one was from http://www.trustedreviews.com because they drag all the content of the camera into several versions of software by far the best alround editor for the HD2000 was / is Cyberlink Power Director 7 Ultra (£60) so I got a copy to test and it didnt crash using a Panasonic DV camera withit, DVDs, AVIs, Stills, Mpeg2,
Edited one video without any instructions very intuitive, havnt edited anything yet from the HD2000 just got home from being out on the hill shooting photos and video clips, BUT they say Cyberlink Power Director was able to import every clip the Sanya Xacti could throw at it. And overall I am very impressed with this software I will buy a copy as it's not over priced and is compatible with all the highest HD standards found on Adobe software and more compatible.

My 1st impressions of the Xacti HD2000(ex) campared to a DVcam Panasonic-NVGS33 (722x528 pixels) a Samsung 6MP Digimax I6 pocket PMP (30fps 640x480) Nokia N95 Carl Zeiss 30fps 5MP. I desperatly needed a decent upgrade from blocky camera phones, well what can I say this thing is fantastic! even in low light, now the Panasonic can use Candle-light and backlight setting all in one and is very good at low light use like in clubland, but nothing beats a decent LED light to help you along, I need to take the HD2000 out into the night and clubland but so far it handles 1 candle tea-light very well with plenty of focus options including manual overide focus! Program, Shutter, Apeture, etc many exposure settings, docking station has standard HDMI out to my Sony Bravia that was a breeze in Rec or Playback mode! so if you wonder why you cant browse images is because its in REC mode! The Remotes Power On Off only works when connected to docking station so dont panic, browsing Videos was ok but could not see 8MP and 12MP still images through the HDMI connection,I can hook up the S-Video or Component output with one of the many leads supplied and tr that way I will report back, one lead they needed to supply and dont is the figure of 8 power lead!!
LUCKILY my Panasonic uses the same one for its charger! Phew! otherwise I would have had to turn my place upside down searching for one, or worse wait for the net to deliver one!

Replacement batteries are just £20 and lasts 138minutes(2hrs18mins) on 1 full charge, I noticed my 16GB Transend SDHC card gives 2hrs11mins on FULL HD-1920-1080i-60feilds per second which isn't the best setting, theres an even higher setting that gives you 1hr28mins at Full-HR-1920-180 60fps HR. The quality is staggering in good daylight, even dealing with the sun it seperates glare well, but without a dedicated (rubber cupped) viewfinder its hard to block sunlight out from the screen, I need to make a snorkle hood cover to sort this out like they did in the old days heh :-) leaving an adjustable draw string hole for the lens to pop through.

Playing back clips and stills through my new Sony Bravia 4000series is stunning quality I am simply not used to HDMI quality, I am so pleased with the results, zero jerking of frames, incredibly smooth and fast responce when recording. I used camera shake option but I reccomend a decent tripod, its very sensitive especaily when zoomed in 16x then theres 160x digital zoom, I used my walking stick as a monopod but this was average compared to a real Mono-pod or decent TriPod, it fits in my big cargo pockets British DM95 Army Combats in the soft padded case ok, I have a super small telescopic tripod that goes in the back pack easy, but I will look out for the ones recommended here. using my tripod as a monopod and steady cam works well for a budget solution. I will try to upload my results to my dedicated server space. this will take a while as some clips will whoop up 300mbs for just a 3min clip. Some cons I can live with are: I cant record with view finder shut against the casing for stealth recordings, BUT it does work facing out and can be covered so its not impossible. The greatest plus for me is NO MORE TAPES!! NO More Chewing Up or cleaning of Tapes and heads! NO MORE LENGTHY CONVERTING to DVD then to AVI/MPEG2, its drag drop heaven. AND its not all plastic it has Metal View Finder Casing and the Hinge is Metal cased, the plastic isn't flimsy like most Nokia Battery Covers in comparison its very tough plastic build not flimsy at all. I found mine for £419 with a 2 Year Warranty! £8 delivery from http://www.camerabox.co.uk have also seen em for £409 with 1 year warranty and free delivery Google about. Walks all over the Sony-TG3 for features and results in head to head reviews. hope this helps you, and its I will try to knock up a demo asap.
Still dont know if its firmware upgradable so please let me know or weather it can be firmware upgraded at the factory. very very happy with it so far:-)

upgrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2009, 6:58 PM   #99

Hi upgrade,

have u ever tried to shoot a video of a fast moving object (for example tennis player/game) and moving the camera fast from right to left ?

I was wondering how the camera act in these extreme condition, when both the object that needs to be filmed and the camera are moving .

Thank you

upgrade wrote:
Quote:
VPC-HD2000(ex) 16GB SDHC Transend SD-Card.

Hello all day 2 with my new VPC-HD2000ex (UK version)

I read as many reviews as possible before purchase the best one was from http://www.trustedreviews.com because they drag all the content of the camera into several versions of software by far the best alround editor for the HD2000 was / is Cyberlink Power Director 7 Ultra (£60) so I got a copy to test and it didnt crash using a Panasonic DV camera withit, DVDs, AVIs, Stills, Mpeg2,
Edited one video without any instructions very intuitive, havnt edited anything yet from the HD2000 just got home from being out on the hill shooting photos and video clips, BUT they say Cyberlink Power Director was able to import every clip the Sanya Xacti could throw at it. And overall I am very impressed with this software I will buy a copy as it's not over priced and is compatible with all the highest HD standards found on Adobe software and more compatible.

My 1st impressions of the Xacti HD2000(ex) campared to a DVcam Panasonic-NVGS33 (722x528 pixels) a Samsung 6MP Digimax I6 pocket PMP (30fps 640x480) Nokia N95 Carl Zeiss 30fps 5MP. I desperatly needed a decent upgrade from blocky camera phones, well what can I say this thing is fantastic! even in low light, now the Panasonic can use Candle-light and backlight setting all in one and is very good at low light use like in clubland, but nothing beats a decent LED light to help you along, I need to take the HD2000 out into the night and clubland but so far it handles 1 candle tea-light very well with plenty of focus options including manual overide focus! Program, Shutter, Apeture, etc many exposure settings, docking station has standard HDMI out to my Sony Bravia that was a breeze in Rec or Playback mode! so if you wonder why you cant browse images is because its in REC mode! The Remotes Power On Off only works when connected to docking station so dont panic, browsing Videos was ok but could not see 8MP and 12MP still images through the HDMI connection,I can hook up the S-Video or Component output with one of the many leads supplied and tr that way I will report back, one lead they needed to supply and dont is the figure of 8 power lead!!
LUCKILY my Panasonic uses the same one for its charger! Phew! otherwise I would have had to turn my place upside down searching for one, or worse wait for the net to deliver one!

Replacement batteries are just £20 and lasts 138minutes(2hrs18mins) on 1 full charge, I noticed my 16GB Transend SDHC card gives 2hrs11mins on FULL HD-1920-1080i-60feilds per second which isn't the best setting, theres an even higher setting that gives you 1hr28mins at Full-HR-1920-180 60fps HR. The quality is staggering in good daylight, even dealing with the sun it seperates glare well, but without a dedicated (rubber cupped) viewfinder its hard to block sunlight out from the screen, I need to make a snorkle hood cover to sort this out like they did in the old days heh :-) leaving an adjustable draw string hole for the lens to pop through.

Playing back clips and stills through my new Sony Bravia 4000series is stunning quality I am simply not used to HDMI quality, I am so pleased with the results, zero jerking of frames, incredibly smooth and fast responce when recording. I used camera shake option but I reccomend a decent tripod, its very sensitive especaily when zoomed in 16x then theres 160x digital zoom, I used my walking stick as a monopod but this was average compared to a real Mono-pod or decent TriPod, it fits in my big cargo pockets British DM95 Army Combats in the soft padded case ok, I have a super small telescopic tripod that goes in the back pack easy, but I will look out for the ones recommended here. using my tripod as a monopod and steady cam works well for a budget solution. I will try to upload my results to my dedicated server space. this will take a while as some clips will whoop up 300mbs for just a 3min clip. Some cons I can live with are: I cant record with view finder shut against the casing for stealth recordings, BUT it does work facing out and can be covered so its not impossible. The greatest plus for me is NO MORE TAPES!! NO More Chewing Up or cleaning of Tapes and heads! NO MORE LENGTHY CONVERTING to DVD then to AVI/MPEG2, its drag drop heaven. AND its not all plastic it has Metal View Finder Casing and the Hinge is Metal cased, the plastic isn't flimsy like most Nokia Battery Covers in comparison its very tough plastic build not flimsy at all. I found mine for £419 with a 2 Year Warranty! £8 delivery from http://www.camerabox.co.uk have also seen em for £409 with 1 year warranty and free delivery Google about. Walks all over the Sony-TG3 for features and results in head to head reviews. hope this helps you, and its I will try to knock up a demo asap.
Still dont know if its firmware upgradable so please let me know or weather it can be firmware upgraded at the factory. very very happy with it so far:-)
marcolisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2009, 3:58 PM   #100

Something you may want to look at for replaying the mp4's is a wd tv unit, it hooks up to your tv thru HDMI and plays off of a usb hard drive or thumb drive. Plays virtually any format including iso, jpg and music. fits in the palm of your hand. I paid 100 for mine and works flawlessly.
redrac is offline   Reply With Quote