Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Mar 6, 2009, 3:10 PM   #11

Rev2010 wrote:
Quote:
Cresho wrote:
Quote:
I also want to know if it has a 1080i 120 fields/sec settings and what is that data rate capture at?
There is no 120 fields per second mode. I'm not sure if you understand the difference between interlaced and progressive, but just look at it like this... 60 fields per second is basically the same as 30 frames per second except the picture is drawn in lines. Half the lines show up at 1/60th of a second and the second set of lines the next 1/60th of second. So you're only seeing one full frame within 1/30th of a second.

Anyhow, forget all that, I just wanted to know if the 1080i mode looks better than the 1080/30p mode. The reason why the data rate is 24mbps for 1080/60p is because there are twice as many frames than usual. Instead of thetypical camcorder rate of 30 frames per second the HD2000 can now do 60 frames per second so motion looks incredibly lifelike and fluid. But at the standard rate of 30 frames per second the data rate is 12mbps. So you see, the data rate for progressive is lower than the equivalent interlaced mode by 33%! The interlaced mode is 16mbps which is 4mbps higher than the equivalent progressive mode (ie. 1080/30p). Makesense now?

Rev.

Funny rev!!!!:blah:
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2009, 8:23 PM   #12

willk wrote:
Quote:
...I also have the HD1000 and have been thinking of upgrading to the HD2000. Have you actually compared low light video shot under the same conditions? I'm also curious about what you think of low light stills on the HD2000 compared to the HD1000?

I can only tell you anecdotaly that it is better as it is from memory. I no longer have my HD1000 and it was about 2 months ago that it was stolen so of course this is not a side by side scientific test just my impressions. I was shooting indoors with the same low incadescent lighting I had before and it looked better with both the video and still modes- I dont have any old pictures to compare and show you since my memory cards were taken with the case too when the HD1000 went... sorry.

Also as a silly surprise (and maybe this was on the HD1010) but the HD2000 talks to you as well - at least for errors. :crazy:

When I have time Rev and Cresh, I will try and take some comparison shots from a tripod in both interlaced and progressive mode and load them into Final Cut or AE and compare pixel for pixel to see if I can find any major noise or compression artifact difference. When I do this I will upload my results if you are still interested.
cdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2009, 1:27 PM   #13

Hi everyone,

Could any of you HD2000 owners give advice regarding sound recording quality please?

I had an HD1000 previously, and I noticed that if had a lot of static, particularly noticeable when filming in quiet environment.

Did they improve that in any way ?

eaullas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2009, 12:45 AM   #14

I never noticed any static on mines.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 12:00 PM   #15

I never have any static on my HD1000either. Actually the sound quality is excellent and I'm a musician and recording engineerso I hope my experience counts for something :-) You might have had some defect with your unit.

Rev.
Rev2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2009, 1:04 PM   #16

really ?

Well, static may not be the most accurate way to describe it, but let's say that i clearly had a background noise I could not notice with my own ears (or at least, it was amped by the camera or something). It was constant, not to be mixed with any focus motor or else)

When plugging an external microphone, the noise was gone. Clearly it has to do with the gain level for me, but thisone could not be changed..
eaullas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2009, 1:17 PM   #17

Well, Depends on how you hold the camera. I ran through a few of my videos and only managed to hear like a hiss or a small sh......but that was only in one video. Another video recorded was next to my pc. Now that one is loud since I run like 8 fans on it at 17db. I can't hear my fans but my xacti picked the audio up.

Xacti audio is by far the best I have ever heard on any portable recorder. I can't even hear the freakin zooming. Now if you like external mic's, thank sanyo for providing an external mic input.

You can also run the audio through a noise compressor which works wonders. set decible @ where the silent noise should be cut off and then you can have audio just as good as the stuff you hear in tv..they use compressors as well.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 3:23 PM   #18

Hi Cdude/Cresho

Have you done any good shake/stabilization test on the HD2000?
How is it compared to HD1000?

(I had the HD1000 but sold it since the stabilization was really bad)

/BR
zerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2009, 8:34 AM   #19

Any SECOND impressions?? :idea: or even better a Slow 2nd impressions/review ?

I'm really considering of buying the HD2000. Seen all the reviews, but personal experiences of users are very hard to get. Besides I rather read personal experiences then get a review from people who just tested it for 1 day.

Plz reply.

FINALLY! A DECENT review of the HD2000:

http://www.camcorderinfo.com/content...oduct-Tour.htm
Lerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2009, 4:53 PM   #20

Hi,

I've seen a few videos of the HD1000/1010 in vimeo and can't stand the shake. I've been looking forward for the next model to come hence the HD2000 and wanted to ask if the image stabilization has improved.

Thanks.

rrbarcarse is offline   Reply With Quote