Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Mar 19, 2009, 10:06 AM   #31

Wayne12 wrote:
Quote:
I want a good picture at a shutter down to 30/25/24th/s before it adjusts gain
Indeed, the manual fixed-shutter speed (auto aperture+gain) mode on the HF100 is all I use. It usually sits on 1/24 ('movie mode') and, while still filming, I can nudge it (using the joystick) into 1/12 or 1/6 if the light (or noise) gets really bad...

Trevmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2009, 1:22 AM   #32

http://www.popco.net/zboard/view.php..._HD2000_2.html

http://c-kom.homeip.net/review/blog/...omparison.html

Lerac wrote:
Quote:
Does anybody has REAL samples of Sanyo HD2000

The 3 samples on web are no good.
http://ckworks.sakura.ne.jp/data/xac...0207_1_mp4.zip
http://ckworks.sakura.ne.jp/data/xac...207_2a_mp4.zip
http://88.191.20.67/video/akiba/SANY...1080_60fps.zip

1 is interlaced not P
akiba uses crappy lens
dog is too close

Can anybody plz upload REAL samples in low light and outside with stuf moving

Thank you!
Yasir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2009, 4:56 AM   #33

I dont know about everyone else but the footage looks shakey, very shakey and also the cmos wobble at long tele seems very bad, could be the worse I've seen.

I tried the Panasonic hs25(similar to the sd20 referred to in the camcorderinfo review but with the hard disk) and the ergonomics/ease of usecompared to the xacti's were incredible!

The IS was amazing and 16x optical felt like any other optical it was steady, very. There was no wobble I could discern in fast pan or up-down vertical moves. Focus was incredible and everything was available via touchscreen, this may put people off but dont let it. You could use your finger to select what/who to focus on and then it would track the person or re-focus on said object, selective focus hello! Or you could go manual and focus on an object and then swithc to af and it would re-focus perfectly getting those in-out focus shots. Manual aperture adj. with gain, all live whilst videoing. Honestly I had this thing singing and dancing in the shop in minutes, it was everything I was looking for. Downside, no dam mic i/p, have to go to the very top range for that tm300/hs300, which also add manual focus wheels. To be honest I thought this would be the icing on the cake plus the 3mos sensor on the sd200 upto the hs/tm300 but the touch screens on the lower models were so easy it was a ball using it, loved it.

So what to do, the sd20 is 1/6inch chip and whilst in the shop was noise free the low light may be an issue, plus no mic. The sd200 has 3x1/4 chips and low light is suppossed to be top notch, but no mic i/p(dissapointing for £600) or go all the way to the tm300(800) for a focus/zoom whell for real control but am thinking I dont need it, I could control the life from itwith the touch-screen.

Looks like the tm300 then, oh well, it should last me.
Adventsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2009, 5:36 AM   #34

Adventsam wrote:
Quote:
I dont know about everyone else but the footage looks shakey, very shakey and also the cmos wobble at long tele seems very bad, could be the worse I've seen.

I tried the Panasonic hs25(similar to the sd20 referred to in the camcorderinfo review but with the hard disk) and the ergonomics/ease of usecompared to the xacti's were incredible!

The IS was amazing and 16x optical felt like any other optical it was steady, very. There was no wobble I could discern in fast pan or up-down vertical moves. Focus was incredible and everything was available via touchscreen, this may put people off but dont let it. You could use your finger to select what/who to focus on and then it would track the person or re-focus on said object, selective focus hello! Or you could go manual and focus on an object and then swithc to af and it would re-focus perfectly getting those in-out focus shots. Manual aperture adj. with gain, all live whilst videoing. Honestly I had this thing singing and dancing in the shop in minutes, it was everything I was looking for. Downside, no dam mic i/p, have to go to the very top range for that tm300/hs300, which also add manual focus wheels. To be honest I thought this would be the icing on the cake plus the 3mos sensor on the sd200 upto the hs/tm300 but the touch screens on the lower models were so easy it was a ball using it, loved it.

So what to do, the sd20 is 1/6inch chip and whilst in the shop was noise free the low light may be an issue, plus no mic. The sd200 has 3x1/4 chips and low light is suppossed to be top notch, but no mic i/p(dissapointing for £600) or go all the way to the tm300(800) for a focus/zoom whell for real control but am thinking I dont need it, I could control the life from itwith the touch-screen.

Looks like the tm300 then, oh well, it should last me.
You are comparing apples and oranges here. the price on this unit is 3x the amount so its in a different league on it's own. no 60fps per second and no ext mic? this is disgusting and for the price it is more like an insult.

On the other hand, Everything this unit has to offer looks incredible. I love touchscreen myself.

the hd2000 with a steadycam or glidecam does very well without the crazy price of 1200 dollars. I recommend mmc hague for super fluid motion. even the tm300 requires a steadycam no matter how good the ois is.

Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2009, 7:59 AM   #35

Cresho, I sort of agree but;

The sd20 is the same price as the Panasonic, and except for the mic, is far superior from a useability perspective, in fact far far superior, as I say the point focus OIS and live auto-manual focus switching, iris control, shutter, all live while videoing is wonderful, honestly its awesome. Plus these things are small and light now, really small and less than 320g +battery. You could pocket it am sure with the battery in another pocket(lasts 2 hours as well).

But you are correct to omit the mic i/p is poor because all that pressing on the screen will get picked up by the mic in quiet locations.

For sheer iq on a tripod/steadicam with sanyo may be a hard act, but they pansonic with a steadicam and the touchscreen, selective focus pointing and tracking will be amazing. This is why I say, if can afford the extra the new Panasonic range are fantastic to use, the sd20 will be great for casual user who wants a bit extra manual control, the sd200 adds the new chip technology for low light that will probably beat the hd2000(this has yet to be proved but signs are very good, 3 x 1/4 chip's) and at 600, its not pushing too far away from the Sanyo, will match it nearly on stills IQ too. Sadly the real gem, tm300 is double the price of the hd2000, but in many respects its twice the camera. It has real focus wheel, total manual focus, what will you pay for that, dof adapter cost? you dont really need steadicam the stability is supreme but agree for critical stuff, a must but the control, wow over a Sanyo, its from another world and the size, well its small and very very portable.
Old Mar 21, 2009, 5:53 PM   #36

For its size, portability, 1080p recording, and PRICE........ Sanyo Xacti HD2000 is in a whole other league compared to these Panasonic's, etc that your comparing.... I took a look at some pictures, and they definitely will not fit in a normal individual's pockets.....

Sanyo Xacti HD2000 is handsdown the best camera (and possibly the only one considering the 1080p factor) in its class....... I did days upon days of research.... and while ALL cameras have some sort of flaw, Sanyo's HD2000 seems to have the best combination of feautures, with a dismissable few flaws.... (by the way IS and Auto-Focus have drastically improved with the HD2000, so unless you are comparing cameras to the HD1000/1010, your arguments are flawed...

Oh.. and lets not forget that you are getting an amazingcamerawith the HD2000 (8 to 12mega-pixel Still photos are amazing) Can any other camcorder in its class called itself a DUAL-CAMERA?... I dont think so.....

I think more companies need to startproviding this hybrid camera to the market, rather than ripping consumers off by splitting the STILL IMAGE andVIDEO products into two separate markets......Capitalism is such a beautiful scam..aint it?.... Thats my two cents... (aka. rant) !!

omidaeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2009, 6:28 PM   #37

The 2 important things;

cmos rolling shutter and image stabilisation they are poor at!

So while the hd2k fits in the pocket you need a tripod, go figure.

Ergonomics are different league on the Panasonic, night and day.
Old Mar 23, 2009, 8:12 PM   #38

A lot of people are talking about rolling shutter, I have taken hours and hours of video using my Sanyo HD1010 from my hang glider where virtually all of my video is panning as I fly around the sky and have yet to see any rolling shutter problem.

I have certainly seen some bad rolling shutter video from cheap cmos video recorders and still camera but never from video from Sanyo HD1010's.
relate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2009, 10:35 PM   #39

Has anyone tried to edit the 1080 60p from the HD2000 yet? I tried in Vegas 7 and Vegas 8. Vegas 7 will load them but they are green but with audio and in Vegas 8 as soon as you click to load them it crashes.

I want to test the slow-mo of 60P.
jra111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2009, 12:57 AM   #40

jra111 wrote:
Quote:
Has anyone tried to edit the 1080 60p from the HD2000 yet? I tried in Vegas 7 and Vegas 8. Vegas 7 will load them but they are green but with audio and in Vegas 8 as soon as you click to load them it crashes.

I want to test the slow-mo of 60P.
1080p video editing in vegas 7 or 8 is possible but not directly. If it works, it presents horrible artifacts I can see. the built in decoder does not properly decode it. I recommend you download winff, use these paramaters I suggest, and load it in vegas. Not only does it improve video image but makes it more compatible. always keep your negatives

one more thing...don't hijack this thread. you should of posted a new thread regarding vegas 8 etc.

these are the paramaters I suggest creating when using winff.

winff->vegas video 7 or 8

winff settings are.

preset name: xacti2vegasmpeg
preset labal: xacti 2 vegas mpeg
preset command line: -vcodec mpeg1video -r 59.94 -s 1920x1080 -b 20000K -acodec mp2 -ab 320k -ar 48000 -ac 2

ps. if 24000 does not work, try changing it to 24000 for the -b
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote