Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Mar 25, 2009, 7:34 AM   #41

Come on guys, real-world samples please,

How's the dis, do you need a steadicam/tripod?

Real low down on rolling shutter, there or not there/controllable.

Some good samples would be useful with raw footage.
Adventsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2009, 11:09 AM   #42

Thanks Cresho

I will try your settings and download that.

I didn't mean to Hijack, I thought it was worthy of this thread because this is the only cam that does 1080 60P and I was wondering how people that have it were dealing with it.

Here is one of the 1080 60P clips I played with

http://www.vimeo.com/3787216

I converted it through After Effects to a lossless 1080 60P AVI then slowed it down in Vegas. It looks good so far.

What I want is a daylight clip of someone running toward the camera in 1080 60P like what my kids will be doing.
jra111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2009, 8:39 PM   #43

If this clip was to show if there was any rolling shutter, all is good there is none. If it is your usual panning motions.....please don't pan so fast it makes people motion sick.
relate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2009, 9:05 PM   #44

Quote:
What I want is a daylight clip of someone running toward the camera in 1080 60P like what my kids will be doing.
I recently been looking at the lumix zs3 which does [email protected] i think but all i know is the footage I have seen doesn't even come near the quality of the sanyo even at 720p.

As for sports. The reason why we want [email protected] per seconds is just for that. I cannot tell you how well it does this!

I have footage of family member on a swing while I was standing in frontt and filming [email protected] It had the sun behind the subject and still, i have bright colors on my subject. Motion? you want to know how good it is? I can take a frame and make a picture out of it. that is how good it looks but of course it is not dslr quality. on an hd1000, focus was not a problem (which kinda leaves me baffled as where this camera does have issues with focusing.). This is a kid on a swing swinging back and forth and looks fluid and no motion blurr and no focusing problems (witch leaves me baffled since the hd1000 has focusing issues). The way you see your subject is the way the motion looks on video. If you have an awesome monitor 100mhz, you will truly be amazed at the quality. 30fps videos is like viewing a 256 color gif palete picture.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2009, 5:15 AM   #45

I thought they dropped 720p/60 on the hd2000?

Can you post said sample?

thanks,

We know the hd2k can perform but its the handling and other problems that bother me.
Old Mar 26, 2009, 5:32 AM   #46

An example here of prety demanding stuff, low light, zooming things moving everywhere, holds up prety well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSoBv...e=channel_page

also full series with a guitar, all res's, no 720p/60?(no longerofferedis it) anyway the sound is impressive, very natural.
Old Mar 26, 2009, 7:39 AM   #47

Adventsam wrote:
Quote:
An example here of prety demanding stuff, low light, zooming things moving everywhere, holds up prety well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSoBv...e=channel_page

also full series with a guitar, all res's, no 720p/60?(no longerofferedis it) anyway the sound is impressive, very natural.
Don't know if you were referring to me but I was using an hd1000. I just saw this and that is one brutal test. It's dark, you see cars passing by at 30mph, people walking, also it's zoomed in, and very shaky. Steadycam comes to mind. This is one thing I dislike about these units is that they are very light and so light it shakes images. Reminds me of a party I did indoors and I had to use virtualdub with deshaker to save the videos. Since then, I use a homemade steadycam which helps very much. I see tons of videos on you tube, and vimeo and none of them do the camera justice since its converted to flash! It is totally destroyed. QUality is really bad so you really can't enjoy.

I really can't post my videos for 2 reasons...
1. Original files are too big and reducing the file a.k.a vimeo and youtube style would not do the images justice.
2. I hate the idea of putting family members on internet on video. That thought really bothers me.
3. I could show you my dog running around towards me after I throw a freebie but then we have step 1 as a problem
Old Mar 31, 2009, 7:29 PM   #49

DonalDuc wrote: Reading the review now but came across this and had to laugh:

"now records video in 60p instead of the 30p on the 1010, and has better video bitrates for better video quality from 12Mbps to now 24Mbps. The higher your bitrate the "bigger" will be your video files but with increased quality."

Are they too stupid to realize the 24mbps bitrate is so because the frame rate is doubled? I mean, 1080/30p's highestbitrate is 12mbps. So, it only makes sense the 1080/60p mode is 24mbps. They make it sound like you get better quality cause of a higher bitrate when that's not exactly the case. The bitrate is still proportional. However, the interlaced mode has been bumped up to 16mbps which is a nice increase in quality.

Rev.
Rev2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2009, 7:48 PM   #50

Ya rev this is logical in this perspective.....

I had to edit my post... :-)

Maybe they found the sweet spot?