Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Apr 2, 2009, 3:03 PM   #51

Hi and thank you for the review.

What about the autofocus on the HD2000 ? Is it still slow ?

and also

can I record continously 2 hours of video ?

Thank you
marcobal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2009, 7:47 PM   #52

I wish that bloke would find somewhere else to do his videos. I almost didn't buy my HD1010 because his videos made the quality look really bad as there is no real colour, like green grass etc.

Regarding 2 hours of continuous video, yes you can but the camera automatically stops and starts the video every 4gig. I regularly take videos of 1.5 hours in my hang gliding.
relate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2009, 8:07 PM   #53

thank u. How long the battery last ? Is there any battery that can last for few hours and also, what is the biggest memory card that the camera can get and hence how mamy minutes of video the biggest memory card can hold ?

thank you so muck

Old Apr 2, 2009, 9:19 PM   #54

Rev2010 wrote:
Quote:
DonalDuc wrote: Reading the review now but came across this and had to laugh:

"now records video in 60p instead of the 30p on the 1010, and has better video bitrates for better video quality from 12Mbps to now 24Mbps. The higher your bitrate the "bigger" will be your video files but with increased quality."

Are they too stupid to realize the 24mbps bitrate is so because the frame rate is doubled? I mean, 1080/30p's highestbitrate is 12mbps. So, it only makes sense the 1080/60p mode is 24mbps. They make it sound like you get better quality cause of a higher bitrate when that's not exactly the case. The bitrate is still proportional. However, the interlaced mode has been bumped up to 16mbps which is a nice increase in quality.

Rev.
I don't know if you are aware of this but I think it is a typo. If you open the encoded videos, it is 24 and not 12 or 14 or 16. It is a typo.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2009, 10:32 PM   #55

marcobal wrote:
Quote:
thank u. How long the battery last ? Is there any battery that can last for few hours and also, what is the biggest memory card that the camera can get and hence how mamy minutes of video the biggest memory card can hold ?

thank you so muck

I don't know how long the battery will last, as I said I have taken videos of 1.5 hours plus about 10 minutes of playback checking the recording with battery life still left in the camera. I would have a guess it would be close to 2 hours battery life.

The largest memory card it will take is 32 gig. From my manual an 8 gig card will give you 1 hour 27 minutes on an 8 gig card at 1920X1080 30 frames/sec, or 1 hour 55 min at 1280X720 30 frames/sec, so you should be able to work it out from that.

Remember though that the HD2000 does 60 frames/sec at 1920X1080 where the HD1010 does 30 frames/sec at 1920X1080 so you will get less time on the 8 gig card in the HD2000.
Old Apr 3, 2009, 5:34 PM   #56

So I can start the recording and it will record (no stop) on multiple files of 4 gb each.

The hd2000 will not stop the recording when reachingthe 4 gb limit. Am I right ?

Is the focus ability on the hd2000 really bad ?

thank you

Old Apr 4, 2009, 6:40 AM   #57

marcobal wrote:
Quote:
So I can start the recording and it will record (no stop) on multiple files of 4 gb each.

The hd2000 will not stop the recording when reachingthe 4 gb limit. Am I right ?

Is the focus ability on the hd2000 really bad ?

thank you

The 4gig limit is not a restriction from Sanyo it is a limit in the fat32 system. So the HD2000 would be the same as the HD1010, that is, with a 32gig card it will continue shooting until the card is full but will have a split second break every 4 gig.

Focusing I don't know about the HD2000 but it is reported to have been improved.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 8:44 AM   #58

Quote:
but will have a split second break every 4 gig
Tell me more about this "split second break"

I now have four Canon HF100s. One of the reasons I shifted from Sanyo is that the Canon AVCHD format records continuously to the limit of the card. it records multiple 2 Gig segments on the card, but there is frame-perfect accuracy at the joins.

Yesterday I was looking at buying an HD2000, based on the reports of others that the HD2000 will record continuously (limited recording time is something I have complained long and hard about in these forums).

Are you saying that the Sanyo firmware makes a small gap in the video continuity when it starts a new 4Gig file? I personally regard that as ' big deal', if true.

Trevmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2009, 10:49 AM   #59

I am only going on logic as there has to be at least a minute/very small gap as the camera stops at 3.99gig and starts the new recording.

I have just checked my hang gliding videos and there is a minute/very small gap, unfortunately I cannot give you a length as when I butt the two videos up to each other I only have a visual reference from 1,000 feet looking down as it skips a fraction of a second. I suppose if it is that critical that you need frame perfect joins I guess it won't do.

I don't know how the Canon can make a perfectly seamless join though when it has to stop recording, record a new file name, then start a new video without at least a fraction of a second gap.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 11:03 AM   #60

Thank u so much for the reply.

Another question pls.

Have u ever tried to use step-down lens ring on your Sanyo ?

I would like to mount a 37 mm lens, but I was wondering if I wil cut out much of the video or I will have a lot of distortion.

Thank you