Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Apr 4, 2009, 7:48 PM   #61

I only use the standard Sanyo semi-fisheye lens which connects straight to the 40.5mm thread on the camera so I can't answer your question whether or not you would loose field of view going with a step down ring.
relate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2009, 5:28 PM   #62

Adventsam wrote:
Quote:
I thought they dropped 720p/60 on the hd2000?

Can you post said sample?

thanks,

We know the hd2k can perform but its the handling and other problems that bother me.
Would also like to know if the 720p/60 mode is included or not. Otherwise I hope they include it in a firmware update. On my HD1010 its the most used mode... I will kinda miss it if the HD2000 doesn't do that... But the HD2000 should arrive soon, so I can see if the video sites will accept my 1080p/60 videos...
Rawit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2009, 11:10 PM   #63

Here's that HD2000 review link, you cannot directly link to cam corder info . com on this site, unless you do something such as a snipurl link:

http://snipurl.com/fb4y4

I too would like to hear more if people are enjoying their HD2000 after a little while. I bought a Sanyo C6 and am still enjoying the heck out of it, have seen all the new models come & go since then but nothing can match the original price I had paid ($159). Back then, a 2GB memory card was over $200 so lots has changed since. I also flashed the firmware so it can accept SDHC, it is insane, I bought a Kodak 16GB memory card from Walmart over Christmas time for like $35. Complete overkill for the C6, am really looking forward to upgrading to HD2000 or next latest-greatest thing.

Grunchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2009, 7:04 PM   #64

I read around that the sanyo can not record when the lcd is closed.

Is it that alsotrue if I close the lcd, butI leavethe side of the lcd facing me?

can I record in that way?

thank u
marcobal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2009, 1:51 AM   #65

As long as you have the LCD pointing out it will record fine even closed against the camera.
relate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2009, 2:53 PM   #66

I guess, I have 1 last question.

I know that u have the old hd 1010 , but whatis the problem of the "image stabilization/focus system"that the sanyo camcorders have ?

Do u have any video in low light where the focus system get in trouble ?

I heard around that still the hd2000 has some problem with the focusing/image stabilization sistems.

I would like to switch from my canon hv10 to the sanyo hd2000, because I need great quality in low light. But if the sanyo than have problem in focusing under these low light conditions of haqve problem in focusing when I move the camera right to left when I record formula one grand prix, ,maybe the sanyo is not worted and the canon hv10 is better.

Thank you
Old Apr 7, 2009, 3:51 PM   #67

All cameras like the Sanyo Xacti's did suffer from low light level issues but every model they have brought out has vastly improved this.

Ill link to two videos.

First from my old Xacti VPC1 (very first model) 640 x 480 resolution.
There are some 4am in the morning shots 1:30 and 2:30 into this video and you can see how the camera struggled but I did get summat useable out of it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Obs3C1HHwRo
Ps the salt in the sea air mustve crystallised on the lens and given some amazing light effects for a lot of the other photos used in the video!

Whereas this is some nighttime footage I have taken with my HD1010.
Filmed at night with everything in auto and shot at 720p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vhc9o...e=channel_page
Click the HD button for the HD version!

SO bascially I have stuck with the Xacti range from the start and seen MANY improvements. The focus crawl i rarely notice now. Its only once its resolved on the newer models that you realised it was a problem with a previous model. On the HD1010 I cant say I ever see it anymore.

Shooting in low level on the HD1010 is great aswell. But im sticking with it as I like shooting in 720p - my fav mode which ISNT available on the new HD2000

djleekee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2009, 4:36 PM   #68

Than k u very much for taking the time im posting the videos.....no offense...cute actress....

I can see when she was running and u were filming that there is like a line in the middle, like jumping images in the videos.

Is it a problem of the encoding process that u used to upload the file, or is the jumping problemdue to the compressed video format that the sanyo uses to encode the videos ?

I wonder how the camera would work under the same conditions of your actess video but witha faster moving object.

Why your favourite mode is the 720p ?

Thank you again for taking the time to reply to me and to upload and share your videos.

I really appreciate your feedback and help

Thank you
Old Apr 8, 2009, 3:31 PM   #69

The HD2000 just arrived with the mail! I also have a HD1010, so I can do a quick compare... I don't have much time lately (work!) , so here is a quick list of things I noticed:

- Build quality: the hinge of the lcd screen of the HD2000 seems more solid. It could be because the HD1010 had much more use, but still I think the hinge has been improved; it sounds and feels different/more solid;
- The focus/zoom motor is more silent;
- The main menu went from orange/black (HD1010) to orange/white (HD2000), the new style is more clear;
- 720p60 is gone!
- The stabilization seems to be improved a lot, but I have to test it more. Walking slowly around the house, it seems to function as well as the Mega OIS on my Panasonic TZ3.
- The focus hunting is gone, focus is fast and silent, BUT, the "total range" option at the focus menu dissappeared! The HD1010 hunts more with focus, but can do macro on the fly! I have to switch the HD2000 to macro mode.
- The HD2000 has video noise reduction. It has the same effect as DNR on lcd tv's. It smoothes out 30p movies nicely, and helps in the dark. I haven't tried it in daylight yet, but it can be turned off.
- Low light has been improved. No more blue noise when shooting in the darkness, but I think it's because of the noise reduction + better focus + better shutter implementation.
- The software/menu remembers settings better/better defaults. On the HD1010 when I switched from 300fps back to 60fps, stabilization and such were off. Now they are on by default.

The accesoires remained the same. I have the camera for 20 minutes now, so more to come, but I wanted to post this as fast as possible to help out people who may want to buy/upgrade.

Old Apr 8, 2009, 4:19 PM   #70

I just did a little testing... It seems the area the HD2000 captures is wider then what the HD1010 captures... I used the 720p30 mode on both. The HD2000 performs better in low light, the contrast is much better. The white balance differs, the HD2000 had a more yellowlish cast, but it the light in my room is yellowish... So it's more/less accurate depending on your view.