Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Apr 8, 2009, 5:38 PM   #71

may i ask Rawit, which seller did you buy your HD2000 and for how much?

rrbarcarse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2009, 9:10 PM   #72

One thing that I discovered is that the actural video playback from a PC is much better than when I was looking at the HD2000 screen at the same time I was recording.

Just so you know, I brough mine from Amazon.com when one of the vender marked down the price, paid $399 +SH. I am very satisfy with it, as my wift put it "the best video we have ever shot" (FULL-HR), but I think I like the fact that I can snap photo while shooting video, and that is something no one else can match - consider the price and quality that all have to offer. Wecan giveour CANON S5 and SONY HANDY CAM to our sons (8 and 10) to play from now.
weartolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2009, 6:08 AM   #73

You have PM.

rrbarcarse wrote:
Quote:
may i ask Rawit, which seller did you buy your HD2000 and for how much?

Rawit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2009, 10:38 PM   #74

I brought it from ANTONLINE at amazon.com when they marked the price down. I also brought a 0.5x wide screen and a 2x telescope lenses when 1dayasale.com have them up for sale for $20. My HD2000 has no problem using either of them. Auto focus is as there is no lens, no blurry problem either. I just shot with 0.5x wide screen lens for my kid's stage performance and it was perfect. So far, I have no complaint.
weartolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2009, 4:43 AM   #75

I bought this camera and it arrived 2 days ago by DHL. It's wonderful. 1080p and 60p fps are impressive, but I need to upgrade my PC to edit that kind of video. Built materials don't seem (IMHO)to be solid though and I was a little bit disappointed for slow motion feature: it lasts just 10 seconds... I have an issue with the Remote Control (BRC-C3): 5 buttons (menu and directionals) don't work!:sad:

I bought from Simply Electronics (an Amazon company). It'spriced at 413.95 pounds that is about 450,00 euro with shipping included.
mdmCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2009, 5:00 AM   #76

I didn't try the remote yet, I will try that later today. You didn't forget to remove the plastic tab that prevents the battery from discharging right?

I agree the HDxxxx ranges has some parts that feel a bit plasticy, but it's light and solid camera.
Rawit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2009, 9:46 AM   #77

Rawit wrote:
Quote:
You didn't forget to remove the plastic tab that prevents the battery from discharging right?
Yep, I removed it. InfactSET button and RIGHT button work.When Iset the Camcorder to [email protected] fps I can see the remote control infrared diode pulsing and when I push MENU button it doesn't pulse... I'm gonna RMA'ing the remote control....

By the way I'm doing more tests:

I tested the H.264 files generated with HD2000 on my PS3 and the console plays the files quite good EXCEPT for the clips @ 60 frames per second. The 60fps clip goes out of sync! Maybe the bitrate is too high (28 mbps peak)? I will test 60fps on my PS3 by burning an AVCHD disc.

Old Apr 10, 2009, 10:54 AM   #78

mdmCam wrote:
Quote:
I tested the H.264 files generated with HD2000 on my PS3 and the console plays the files quite good EXCEPT for the clips @ 60 frames per second. The 60fps clip goes out of sync! Maybe the bitrate is too high (28 mbps peak)? I will test 60fps on my PS3 by burning an AVCHD disc.
I tested it to with some 60pclips I downloaded. They do play but there is some frequent jerkiness to the video. It's not the bitrate, which is 24mbps by the way, because some high definition blu-rays use an even higher bitrate and they play fine. It's something to do with the 60FPS video. To me thatwouldbe kind of a deal breaker as I like to store and play my vids on my PS3 hard drive. But it seems they improved the camera in so many other areas that I will probably upgrade anyway.

On a side note, why the heck did Sanyo remove the 720/60P mode?? Are they on crack? It's just software code, why on earth remove it??? Makes no sense at all.

Rev.
Rev2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2009, 11:05 AM   #79

Rev2010 wrote:
Quote:
On a side note, why the heck did Sanyo remove the 720/60P mode?? Are they on crack? It's just software code, why on earth remove it??? Makes no sense at all.
I agree. 720/60p could be usefull. Maybe they just 'swapped' 720/60pfunction with 1080/60p and we will find it again on next firmware update.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 5:07 PM   #80

So guys, how is the autofocus/image stabilization on the hd2000 ?

Will get out of focus videos when shooting videos while I move a lot the camcorders right to left or up and down ?

Thank you

marcolisi is offline   Reply With Quote