Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Apr 10, 2009, 7:17 PM   #81

mdmCam wrote:
Quote:
I agree. 720/60p could be usefull. Maybe they just 'swapped' 720/60pfunction with 1080/60p and we will find it again on next firmware update.
Well being editing, or even playing back from any medium other than the camera, can be very dissatisfying when using 1080/60P it makes the 720/60P mode a lot smarter to keep. Most people won't be able to edit or playback the 1080/60P outside of directly from the camera which most hate to do. So it's not really a replacement. Also, some people are concerned about files size and are very happy with the quality.

For me I always like to go for the best quality so I would prefer to shoot everything in 1080/60P, but editing and playback outside of the camera have to be achievable. So far I can't edit any of the 60P clips I downloaded in Vegas Pro. And the video plays back poorly on my Quadcore (and yeah I know having a quad won't help the video playback). I can play them on the PS3 a lot better but there is still noticeable jerkiness. So I personally would avoid this mode until I get working with it figured out.

As for firmware upgrades... I hate to break this to you but Sanyo is TERRIBLE with firmware upgrades. They released a total of *one* for the HD1000. Then they released the HD1010 which was a bit insulting cause they marketed it like it fixed all the HD1000 problems, problems which 90% of could've likely been fixed simply via firmware. I don't even think they released any firmware upgrades for the HD1010. So, don't look forward to any firmware upgrades as a purchasing decision. Buy the cam as if that's how it's going to be forever.

Rev.
Rev2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2009, 8:40 PM   #82

The [email protected] format is ideal for archival purpouses. Editing this type of video in vegas is not a pleasant expeience but it is editable when converted to a different container and codec. THe files play fine on my pc using gpu accelerated video player. It's nice!
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2009, 1:15 AM   #83

Yeah, my Core2Duo @ 2,6 ghz can't edit at full detail but maybe it's possible, because 1080p and 30fps it's very smooth.

ConcerningeditingI tried Pinnacle Studio 12 and deselecting High Definition preview and maybe It can render on background.

Concerning playing that file I want to try AVCHD and PS3. Work in progress...
mdmCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2009, 9:44 AM   #84

I wish that Sanyo just updates the firmware for the entire HDxxxx line, like said before, lots of things that the HD1010 has can be applied to the HD1000. Just give all these cameras the same menu style, improved stabilization and the best bitrates achievable.

Btw, one thing I noticed that is also different between the HD1010 and the HD2000 is the finish of the plastic parts... My HD1010 is totally scratch free, and it has been mounted on tripods, gone on trips everywhere, being used outside a lot, used by others...
I just used the HD2000 on a tripod, and it already left marks on the bottom... also the side already has marks now. Of course its a camera, and will get use marks sooner or later, but the finish didnt improve on the HD2000. The HD1010 plastic finish is also a lot smoother then the HD2000 finish.
Rawit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2009, 12:18 PM   #85

Hello HD2000 owners,

is there anyone of u that can give me a feedback on the autofocus sytem and image stabilization on the hd2000 in comparison to a sony or canon autofocus sytem and image stabilization ?

thank you
marcolisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2009, 12:57 AM   #86

marcolisi wrote:
Quote:
Hello HD2000 owners,

is there anyone of u that can give me a feedback on the autofocus sytem and image stabilization on the hd2000 in comparison to a sony or canon autofocus sytem and image stabilization ?

thank you
I own a HD2000 but not a Sony: Autofocus is good, no particular issue.

EIS could be optimized. My wife complaints about shakey clips, but I don't know if it's because the 'Point and Shoot' form factor of the camera, maybe I need to handle the camera with more stability.
mdmCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2009, 12:09 PM   #87

The problem with 60 fps is the faster shutter speeds used. I personally prefer 30 fps with a locked shutter that's a bit slower -- it just looks/feels more natural to me.
Taynt3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2009, 2:42 PM   #88

http://vimeo.com/4159228

Starting at second 7 or 8, look at the nice rolling shutter :roll:
subc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2009, 2:59 PM   #89

you may need to use these tricks to improve steadiness.

free
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1aPbwcqquk

costly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6HDUDbeEJw

Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2009, 4:21 PM   #90

That isn't my video btw. My grip is fairly stable :G

http://vimeo.com/2249234
subc is offline   Reply With Quote