Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Apr 2, 2009, 12:04 AM   #1

Sanyo Xacti VPC-HD2000 and lens ring size

Hello guys,
could u please tell me if I can mount a 37mm lens ring adapter to the Sanyo Xacti VPC-HD2000 ?

Also, is it the Sanyo Xacti VPC-HD2000 really good in low light conditions and what about in bright light conditions ?
I have a canon hv10, that I like it, but I would like to buy a better, tiny camcorder.

Is it in your opinion the sanyo better in low light and bright light than my old HV10 ?

What about the auto focusing on the Sanyo.
I love hv10 superfast focusing...

thank you
marcobal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 8, 2009, 9:01 PM   #2

37mm, and I use a ruler to measure it, so don't be too picky if it is not exact. I think 37mm is one of common size and Sanyo has no reason to make it 38 or 36?
weartolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2009, 10:49 PM   #3

It's 37mm for sure. Mine 0.5x lens and 2x lens all come with 37mm ring and match to HD2000 perfectly.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 10:44 PM   #4

Thank you guys.

Do u have any problem in distortion when u take videos using a 37mm lens on the sanyo hd2000 or on the older models hd1010 or hd1000 ?

What I mean is that , does the light on the corners of the lens, reflect in a strange way creating strange effects in th videos when the light hit the lens sideway ?

Thank you
marcolisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2009, 10:30 PM   #5

I do not see any problem. I shoot some video under full sun this past weekend and everything seems to be fine. Mine is HD2000.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 12:35 PM   #6

@marolisi ? I was shooting with no added lenses in bright sunlight and noticed some kind of reflecting sunlight bouncing into the bottom left of the screen and messing the colour up, is there any adapters that sheilds from the sun coming in from acute angels? Where can I get Official Sanyo extra lenses? are there any cheaper ways to get the same effects using this 37mm fitting? anybody? thanks
upgrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2009, 11:03 AM   #7

Hi, I'm new to this Forum and I had just bought the HD2000 for about a week. I'm a bit confused about the lens ring adapter size mentioned sinceI have a UV filter that says 40.5mm and it fiited the HD2000. Using this filter, I found some videos that I tookwithflares at certain parts depending on the angle of the shot and the direction of the sun.
ronaldkwok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2009, 5:53 PM   #8

Default How Do You Connect The Filter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldkwok View Post
Hi, I'm new to this Forum and I had just bought the HD2000 for about a week. I'm a bit confused about the lens ring adapter size mentioned sinceI have a UV filter that says 40.5mm and it fiited the HD2000. Using this filter, I found some videos that I tookwithflares at certain parts depending on the angle of the shot and the direction of the sun.
I have a new HD2000 and I'm looking at the front of the lens but I don't see any screw threads. I see a silver ring. Does that ring come off to reveal the 43.5mm screw threads? I gently tried to twist it but it didn't move. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rock
Rock Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2009, 9:19 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Flint View Post
I have a new HD2000 and I'm looking at the front of the lens but I don't see any screw threads. I see a silver ring. Does that ring come off to reveal the 43.5mm screw threads? I gently tried to twist it but it didn't move. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rock
The thread is there since I have attached a 40.5mm UV filter to my HD2000. It is in the inside of the silver ring you mentioned.
ronaldkwok is offline   Reply With Quote