Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Apr 7, 2009, 3:07 PM   #1

Hi people,

Does anyone know if the HD1010 (or HD2000) can continue to record video when plugged into AC, extending the recording time beyond the internal battery power?

With the intro of HD2000, there are great bargains on the HD1010. Maybe I shouldn't miss this chance!

Thanks.

BS
blindsight is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 7, 2009, 6:32 PM   #2

I don't know about recording when the camera is in the dock but I do know it will show the video direct to a TV when in the dock using AC power from the dock. I would say though with a fair amount of certainty ......I just checked my manual and it says that it will record to the camera when connected to the dock and a TV but will not show the recording on the TV until the recording is stopped and the playback button is hit.

So bottom line yes it will record when connected to the AC through the dock. You will though still come up against the limit of the 32 gig card and the 4 gig per segment, which is a restriction of using Fat32. Just to make it clear though the camera automatically stops and starts the video every 3.99 gig up to the 32 gig limit.
relate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2009, 10:33 AM   #3

TY relate2.

Can you actually test this out on your HD1010?

I am still concerned that, the docking station is really only charging the camera and not directly powering the camera while it is recording.

I tested this out on my CG6 before (no docking station, but through the travel adaptor). The recording time is no different with or without plugging into AC - which means that although the AC adaptor appears to be charging the camera during recording, the camera is actually using the interal battery, at a rate of consumption far faster than the AC charging.

In this case, plugging into AC does not actually prolong the length of recording beyond that from the internal battery.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 6:56 PM   #4

Hi blindsight, I would like to help but I am not prepared to sit my camera in the dock and record for over 2 hours which is about the time it would take to flatten my battery and check if it was still recording. The next time I come back from my hang gliding with an almost flat battery with say 10 minutes left I may try it for you but that could be one week or three weeks away, it all depends on the wind.

I would suggest an email to Sanyo technical section would give you an answer.
relate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2009, 8:00 PM   #5

relate2: Thats's cool, no rush whatsoever! Much appreciate your help. BS