Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Apr 19, 2009, 12:39 PM   #1

Hi guys,

im emkwan and i run a video log online, im looking for a good quality of camera to use for various video blogs i post. im currentley using the sanyo xacti ca65... and am wondering if the quality is really as good as it gets with this type of camera or should i upgrade to a HD sanyo?

what do you guys think of the quality:

http://emkwan.wordpress.com
emkwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 19, 2009, 1:32 PM   #2

If you are going to be using your camera for blogs, this looks wonderful and quality is excellent and you will not get any better than this. How ever, you may need to get a stabalizer or make a home stabalizer to prevent you from shaking so much.

This one is interesting but there are many

http://www.wonderhowto.com/how-to/vi...upport-244065/

Let's face it, High definition is the future and youtube supports high definition. While editing in 640x480 is done easily with older computers, if you do not have at least adobe cs3 or mpeg streamclip, cutting or splicing together video will be a slow slideshow to preview. Software and hardware needs to be hardware accelerated for editing and pci-e with at least a 8800gt is recommended for adobe cs3 for smooth previews. I edit in linux and I use no hardware acceleration and I don't mind. THe final product is what matters.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2009, 4:43 PM   #3

dude thank you for the post + the advice... what did you think of the quality of my video shots? are they clear to see for users?

and HD is the way... but i don't necessarily have the funds yet to make that investment.
emkwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2009, 6:03 PM   #4

As I said, they look excellent but it needs to be steady to keep your viewer interested. So if you are going this route, get a steadycam or make one. Shaky video is something I can't stand.

If you are familiar with virtualdub and deshaker, I highly recommend this option.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2009, 9:10 PM   #5

I agree with Cresho, the quality is fine. You just need to keep from moving about too much. It's ok, its the mistake we all make. You never think you are moving as much as you really are when filming, until you see it on your PC screen!

If you don't have the funds to go HD then I don't think the video quality is really going to be too much of a problem but you might want to look at the new CG10 which is about the same price as the old SD camcorders were. There is also the TH1 for a little more if you want extended battery life as well as a 30x optical zoom. Both are 720p as I think full HD would be overkill for your blog.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2009, 10:27 AM   #6

Cresho wrote:
Quote:
As I said, they look excellent but it needs to be steady to keep your viewer interested. So if you are going this route, get a steadycam or make one. Shaky video is something I can't stand.

If you are familiar with virtualdub and deshaker, I highly recommend this option.
about the deshaker, how long does it take to de-shake a two minutes clip? I have a Q6600 @ 3GHz & 4GB ram @ 1066Mhz, it took about 16mins to de-shake a 2min clip, is this normal? and I found that the deshaker seems does not support multi-core proc, it only utilizes a singole core for the task:?

fyi, i'm using deshaker v2.4.
zach2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote