Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Apr 26, 2009, 6:03 PM   #1

Just wanting to know what settings people are using for their videos when uploading to youtube etc.

From my Sanyo HD1010, I have a 720 30fps video. I edited the mp4 directly in Sony Vegas 7, then rendered it in a few different file types. WMV, MP4, MPEG2, but all of them look rotten on youtube.

Has anyone had success with youtube after rendering in Vegas?

dis0rientati0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 26, 2009, 6:26 PM   #2

how rotten does it look? Most youtube high def video looks like junk anyway. Be more specific.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2009, 8:48 PM   #3

Youtube and Vimeo prefer mp4. Also it will depend on what bitrate you encoded the video in Vegas in the first place. I would suggest you experiment with maybe a 10 or 20 sec video until you find the balance between bitrate and quality.

Here is one of my hang gliding videos, make sure you watch the HD version. Is it as good as the raw footage shown on a 50" plasma at home, not even close, but pretty close for the average viewer over the internet.

By the way this video was encoded in wmv using Serif MoviePlusX3. unfortunately there is a bug at the moment in that it cannot render full HD videos in MP4, they say a patch is coming.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPvFJa1K76U
relate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2009, 9:21 PM   #4

Here is what youtube says are the best upload formats.
http://help.youtube.com/support/yout...2&hl=en-GB
relate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2009, 9:28 AM   #5

My problem is there is a lot of camera shake etc, hence have reduced the dimensions of the video so it is not as noticeable. As a result, youtube will not recognise it as an HD video.

And when I mean rotten, I mean mobile phone camera look. And a fairly basic one at that.
Old Apr 27, 2009, 2:08 PM   #6

you need a camera stabalizer or make one. I made one and it looks better than a merlin steadicam and i built it for under 30 bucks.

If you guys want a tutorial, I can't since hardware varies from city to city to country.

use deshaker in virtualdub, also, ill be putting up a deshaker tutorial for vegas and that wont happen for a while since I have little time.

If you are worried about camera stabalization, use a tripod and find the balance. your videos will look way better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1aPb...eature=related

Ill put up a picture later so you guys can see my home made steadicam
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2009, 5:49 AM   #7

Thanks very much Cresho.

My issue is:

1. Deshaker takes a lifetime to go through even 30 seconds of footage. (Nearly three hours for just over 30 seconds)

2. I bought the Hd1010 for portability, hence a stabiliser will completely remove this benefit.

But I do agree that I need to purchase a tripod. Any suggestions on a decent tabletop one? I got no responses in the Tripod forum section.