Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old May 2, 2009, 9:06 PM   #1

I have kind of an unusual problem here. For some strange reason, my computer does not read the software disc that comes with the VPC-FH1. My wife's computer does, and the Nero 9essentials version included on the diskallows us to play the videos on her computer fine.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"So, I've been going crazy trying to figure out a software solution to get playback to work on my computer. Iinstalled CoreAVC(which didn't seem to have any effect)and then I downloaded the trial version of Nero 9 from their website and it doesn't work.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"I'm a total noob at this, but I figured I'd be able tofind some way to play these files. Ishould note that mycomputeris more powerful all arround than my wife's (i.e. better graphics card, more ram, faster processor).

Anyone have any advice?
bmbriefs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 2, 2009, 10:59 PM   #2

Your WIfe's computer reads the software disk and yours does not. It could be either 3 things: Your disk cd drive is damaged, a different brand cd is needed, or there are 2 universal (maybee 3) manufacturers which own rights to the technology so this could be the problem.

use your wife's pc to create a copy cd and use the copy cd to play on your pc. Or use a thumb drive with cd's content and use that thumb drive to load the software on your pc.

Problem solved. :|
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2009, 10:29 AM   #3

Thanks, it works! Can't believe I didn't think about that before :roll:

Now, if I can figure out how to edit the darn thing.
bmbriefs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2009, 4:58 PM   #4

editing is the easiest thing. your software that came with it does not edit. look for my thread for video editing. I have a few scattered in the net.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote