Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Dec 31, 2009, 8:22 AM   #21
TSS

Help!
We had the older SD version of the Xacti pistol grip, which we loved to take skiing with us. It actually died our first week out this year so we immediately ordered this new HD version. However, the new version is missing the most important feature of the old one, the ability to CLOSE THE VIEW FINDER WHILE CONTINUING TO RECORD. Handy for filming while skiing.

Does anyone know is the new HD version also has this capability? Is it a setting we are missing? We are really bummed out.

Thanks!
TSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2010, 7:30 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph_Lee View Post
Let share some pictures and videos when you have chance. Other international buyers may try Warehouse123, they ship worldwide!
Wonder how long will it take for delivery for California? Do I need to pay the 10% sales tax?
arizona321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2010, 8:38 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSS View Post
Help!
We had the older SD version of the Xacti pistol grip, which we loved to take skiing with us. It actually died our first week out this year so we immediately ordered this new HD version. However, the new version is missing the most important feature of the old one, the ability to CLOSE THE VIEW FINDER WHILE CONTINUING TO RECORD. Handy for filming while skiing.

Does anyone know is the new HD version also has this capability? Is it a setting we are missing? We are really bummed out.

Thanks!
I have just taken delivery of my ca9 hd and although you cannot fully close the view finder while recording, if you rotate it 180 degrees and close it it will keep recording with the viewfinder facing outwards.
This doesnt seem ideal but as it is not a touch sensitive screen you can hold it quite firmly.
the only worry is from a scratched screen but so far it seems quite tough.
mattstant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2011, 6:50 PM   #24

Default Failed after 15 Months

Mine failed after 15 months, Sanyo has a pretty pathetic 90 day service warranty. For a $300 camera this is bad. If you want something reliable get another brand.
Ethans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2011, 1:46 AM   #25

Mine Too! Pathetic Quality!
mattr is offline   Reply With Quote