Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old May 16, 2009, 5:16 PM   #1

Default Firmware updates on Sanyo's Japanese site.

I noticed Sanyo Japan posted firmware updates for a number of their Xacti cameras at the end of April. Appears to be mostly an update to support larger HDDs (up to 2TB) for the Xacti library function. I updated the firmware for my HD700 to v1.1.0 from there, works fine.

If interested, see: Sanyo's Japanese Xacti support site. Sorry, doesn't appear to have been posted on Sanyo's European or America's web sites yet (at this time). Make sure to follow the instructions very carefully (use google translate), don't update your firmware if you are not 100% comfortable with what's involved.

Cheers.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 1, 2009, 7:33 AM   #2

Thank you Caleum
It's trully difficult to translate it, even with google ;-(
(I just receive today my brand new CA9 !!!)

I tryed to see your sample from hawai but it didn't work
anjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2009, 9:18 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelum View Post
I noticed Sanyo Japan posted firmware updates for a number of their Xacti cameras at the end of April. Appears to be mostly an update to support larger HDDs (up to 2TB) for the Xacti library function. I updated the firmware for my HD700 to v1.1.0 from there, works fine.

If interested, see: Sanyo's Japanese Xacti support site. Sorry, doesn't appear to have been posted on Sanyo's European or America's web sites yet (at this time). Make sure to follow the instructions very carefully (use google translate), don't update your firmware if you are not 100% comfortable with what's involved.

Cheers.
Appreciate if you can give the instructions for upgrading that you used for reference. Any updgrading done will still be at our own risk and will not hold you responsisble.
ronaldkwok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2009, 9:20 PM   #4

Sanyo Japan does have an English firmware upgrade instruction page for the VPC-CA9 (linked to from Sanyo's European site). (Edit: note that the Japanese page does a serial number check, and it seems that if your S/N does not start with a "P", then a firmware update is not required?)

For other models, the instructions are similar: download the correct firmware for your camera, decompress and place the firmware into your SD card's root directory. Make sure your camera's battery is fully charged. While in "Play" mode, move the cursor to the "Format" menu option, then hold the thumbstick to the left (don't press down) for over 2 seconds (firmware update is a hidden menu option)... follow update instructions, don't close the camera or interrupt the update.

p.s. I've never been to Hawaii... so that wasn't me.

Last edited by Caelum; Jul 10, 2009 at 9:31 PM.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 8:42 AM   #5

Hi,

first thx for the info, i have an question does this firmware also have german menu language inside in the camera? or do i need to use it then with english menu?

Werner
Werner99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2009, 12:46 PM   #6

All of the same menu languages are included in the firmware updates (if your camera has spoken prompts, they are still only available in Japanese and English), just like the original firmwares, so if you have a german language menu option in your camera now, the firmware update should have the same language option. And so far Sanyo has used the same identical firmware for DMX- and VPC- equivalent models.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 2:58 PM   #7

Hello,

One question probably linked to the firmware upgrade, my uncle which worked in Japan purposed me his "hold" VPC-HD700 cam but... seems that the language shown is only in Japanese... is there any way to change this for german, english ... ?

Does someone still have the VPC-HD700 firmware file and / or the explanations for installing the upgrade ? This could be probably a way to change this no ?

Tks to all for your assistance
Tiebo is offline   Reply With Quote