Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old May 21, 2009, 12:41 PM   #1

Default Manual focus with HD2000

Hi,
Does anybody know if you can manually focus while the video is recording with the hd 2000? also if you can lock exposure and then use the toggle to control exposure manually.

Any confirmtion of either would b appreciated

many thanks
Adventsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 21, 2009, 1:49 PM   #2

on the hd 1000, there is manual expose and also you can manual focus and manual lock. you can also create custom shortcuts on the toggle. During recording? who knows since I have not tried.

Im just posting to keep your hopes up! You should wait for a hd2000 user to post.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2009, 10:21 PM   #3

Sorry to disappoint. Once you start recording, you'll be stuck wih whatever settings that you have set manually and you cannot make any further manual changes. The only thing that you can change is the zooming. So the best is to leave it in auto mode unless it is something static that you are recording or recording at fixed ISO. I wonder if it is the same with the other camcorders or you can still make manual changes once you start recording.
ronaldkwok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2009, 7:39 AM   #4

Yes, I went with the Canon hf100 in the end, after much deliberation I went for it, I hate the idea of carrying camera and camcorder but I needed the selective focus of the camcorder, and it works a treat. In manual focus and you can switch between manual focus and af on the run, so you start videoing say on a real distant object through some foliage and then focus closer on the foliage thus rendering the distant object out of focus, cool. Plus you can have dedicated filter thread and with a few nd filters to get the shutter down to 1/50 sec(all manual) you can get some reasonable dof from such a small chip with a decent 300mmm zoom setting, plus the Optical image stab works a treat.

Yes, its bulky compared to the hd2000 but hey you cant do the selective focus, plus you have same with the exposure, you can lock and then step up the exposure all manual whilst videoing, it has a really cool little toggle just like the hd2000 but its on the end of the screen so is a joy to use. Wish I'd bought it 2 years ago.
Adventsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2009, 5:45 AM   #5

Further to my earlier post, there are only two functions that you can change using the joystick once recording is started if these are set as shortcuts - the AF Lock for locking the Focus and the AE Lock for locking the Exposure. You can toggle one or both of these on and off during recording but you cannot adjust them manually. I suppose this is better than not having any control at all.
ronaldkwok is offline   Reply With Quote