Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jun 11, 2009, 1:01 PM   #1

Default hd1010 low light quality-please help

Hi from Spain , before all sorry for my english.
i bought a sanyo hd1010 on ebay-pixmania Spain, and after the high price and the quality iīm triying to return , but i was Cheated and defrauded and i cannot return. the i need to find a solution, i spend a lot of money basically for record to my little daughter, and i tried many forms but only can good results on a sunny day,cantīt record on house, partyīs house, birthday and others moments. my panasonic tz-3 720x480 give me more quality,best colors and minus pixels-aberrations.please help me with the best options , or if anyone can give a new firm, because how i said before, i am defrauded because an add, the guarranty itīs on France and on Spain, the service tecnic say that donīt help me.

please itīs a lot , lot of money for this results....

thanks for all and sorry for a large time that you lost reading this.
Andres
john_smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 11, 2009, 8:59 PM   #2

I do not have a HD1010 but a HD2000 which is an upgrade from the HD1010 so it should be very similar to the HD1010. I do not have any problem taking videos indoor in the day or at night with normal lighting in Auto mode. Make sure the Exposure is set to Program mode and the ISO is set to Auto in the Recording Menu. Or you may want to try at higher ISO for manual settings. If you still have problems then you unit may be faulty.
ronaldkwok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2009, 12:08 AM   #3

i donīt know what itīs better, if bad quality or broken camera, because how i say before i buy on Spain but the guarranty itīs on France, and send it cost about 80$, i,ll try to contact with any person in Malaga to compara quality for indoor or normal light video. the iso itīs ok and the program mode itīs selected.I read about best quality on hd2000 because has minus compression on the avhcd codec, really on fullhd has the double data.
thanks for you response.
Old Jun 12, 2009, 12:18 AM   #4

you need lighting! You also need to set your iso to 100 for noiseless video recording. 400 max in my own opinion for dark areas. Also raise your exposure before filming does not help btw.

look at this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6qCxTU0Utw

I use his concept to build mines and here is my result. i spent 5 dollars and lights up really good. I also improved it and created a defuser by taping scotch matte finish tape at the tip end of the flashlight!!!!!! NO SPOTTING!!! I also looked around for night lights and this was perfect for What I use it for. The prices i saw was 60 dollars and up. Battery life was about 30 minutes to 2 hours. I have 8 hours with mines since it uses 3 aaa nimih batteries and a 15 minute recharger from energizer. In fact, I have unlimited battery life.
Attached Images

Last edited by Cresho; Jun 12, 2009 at 12:55 AM.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2009, 10:06 AM   #5

buff, i think on make a lamp with a old flash and a led that i bought for my other camera tz3, but when i saw demos of canon sx1 , hv30/20 and sanyo hd700 on low light condition (indoor) on vimeo before buy it, i think that the quality on this camera was sufficient, because comparing videos the looser itīs hd1010 and winner canon, but i can to think again on make something about you lamp o buy a 20$ lamp on internet , but i prefer to see know examples that how the people record with the quality of similars cameras on vimeo.

hey i found the olds leds and flash project, go..

(buff, english itīs difficult for me, i hope that you understand me)