Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jun 19, 2009, 10:29 AM   #11

The reason none of these cameras record when the LCD is turned off, is that they don't have a viewfinder like the older camcorders had. So I guess the designers probably thought what would be the point? Of course there are specific circumstances in which this might be useful but remember they design for the majority use.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2009, 12:54 AM   #12

Or we extract firmware inside HD2000, we modify it to ignore power off switch and we flash modified firmware on HD2000...

What about extracting? LOL
mdmCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2009, 1:57 AM   #13

I would think that it would not be that hard to have further power saving options which lets the user decide whether to turn the camera off or not when the lid is closed.

About 90% of the video was recorded by me in 720p. If I need to record more content, size is not an issue since SDHC cards are much cheaper in comparison to buying another battery.

Last edited by hsbsitez; Jun 20, 2009 at 2:16 AM.
hsbsitez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2009, 6:55 AM   #14

I think it is good feature when camera is powering off if you close LCD screen. But there should be option not to power off when screen is closed, but I guess it doesn't effect so much in power consumption, you maybe get only few minutes more recording time. I remember somebody tested it and there wasn't much advantege if screen was closed.
Quenaelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2009, 9:44 AM   #15

Thanks for all the answers. For those who are interested why I need this function: It came to my mind when I planned an experiment with camera mounted on a RC car. If I crashed the car into something, the opened LCD screen would be too easy to destroy.
Peca-on-line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2009, 10:58 AM   #16

Another minor annoyance is that the picture in the LCD on my TH1 is horizontally flipped when the display is open flush to the camera. I mount mine for car trips, and it's awkward. Video films right way around though, so it's not a huge deal.
ChaoZ is offline   Reply With Quote