Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jul 14, 2009, 9:46 AM   #11

Hey Cresho, I have just ONE question.

When checking my XVid settings you said to make sure it is on two-pass. However there are two options there. Two-Pass - First pass and Two-Pass-Second pass. I take it this setting is supposed to be on "Two-Pass-Second Pass"? Or should I coincide each pass of compression with each pass of deshaker rendering?

Thanks.

Last edited by Matty S.; Jul 14, 2009 at 1:55 PM.
Matty S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2009, 2:24 PM   #12

good question
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2009, 5:53 PM   #13

I use Cineform for intermediate processing of HD video.
Cineform has virtually zero degradation from generation to generation during processing. Files are typically three times the size of AVCHD from the cameras, but processing is really fast, as Cineform is quick to code and decode. Using Sony Vegas with Cineform I/Ois a dream, even at 1920x1080, where you can still have real-time previews with honest lip-synch.

Virtualdub processes Cineform I/O really quickly (and smoothly). I have slowly switched to using nothing else over the last few years...

MeGUI then converts back to MP4 for posting to Vimeo or streaming to flash with the web server.
Trevmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2009, 7:27 PM   #14

I am using PowerDirector 7 Ultra which has a built in deshaker which is fast and effective. At $72 is quiet reasonable. There is a new Version 8 coming out at the end of this month.
http://www.cyberlink.com/products/po...iew_en_US.html
relate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2009, 1:15 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevmar View Post
I use Cineform for intermediate processing of HD video.
Cineform has virtually zero degradation from generation to generation during processing. Files are typically three times the size of AVCHD from the cameras, but processing is really fast, as Cineform is quick to code and decode. Using Sony Vegas with Cineform I/Ois a dream, even at 1920x1080, where you can still have real-time previews with honest lip-synch.

Virtualdub processes Cineform I/O really quickly (and smoothly). I have slowly switched to using nothing else over the last few years...

MeGUI then converts back to MP4 for posting to Vimeo or streaming to flash with the web server.

thanks for the cineform tip. I'll reconfigure the "new Deshaker" with cineform i/o. I been looking for something that codes fast and I really hope this works.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 6:58 AM   #16

wow, the cfhd codec is awsome. In vegas 9, I have it working with "new Deshaker" in importing, encoding and reincoding. It is lossless. I am still perfecting the workflow. It also plays back smoothly in vegas pro even in virtualbox. i say around 19fps and i can finaly see transitions not like before where it looked like 3fps.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 10:01 AM   #17

Exactly. It costs money, but you gain that back several times over in productivity, IMO

The other benefit is that this finally gets rid of the dreaded Vegas "blank frames" (during rendering) which are due to some problem with the way Vegas handles MPEG2 and MPEG4 datastreams.
Trevmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2009, 10:02 AM   #18

Hmm. Wish I could afford this. But its just wouldn't be worth it to me until I got the Pro version of Vegas.
Matty S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2009, 4:59 AM   #19

I just thought I would add a test video that I stabilised using PowerDirector 7 ultra. I had problems getting De-Shaker to work and found it very confusing to set up. In PowerDirector 7 it is just a simple slider as to how much stabilisation you want to do.

Unstabilised video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jzv9apmY6GQ
I deleted the original unstabilised video and re uploaded it because of a weird problem

Stabilised video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hedpU4m9B3c

Last edited by relate2; Jul 17, 2009 at 7:07 AM.
relate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2009, 5:28 AM   #20

i noticed one is 10 seconds and other is 19.