Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jul 17, 2009, 5:53 AM   #21

Thanks Cresho I did have some problems uploading to youtube, I will check them out and re-upload.

EDIT=====> I have a similar problem with Vimeo where as soon as I hit the upload button it goes to either 99% or 100% straightaway even though it is still uploading. I am only uploading 18meg so I will leave it for an hour or so and see if youtube gets the whole video.

I have solved the problem with Vimeo by using a different upload page they have supplied.

DOUBLE EDIT=====> I tried to upload a copy of the video but it was rejected as a copy. I deleted the original video and am trying again, computers who would use them.

Last edited by relate2; Jul 17, 2009 at 6:30 AM.
relate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2009, 7:04 AM   #22

Well that is just weird. The voice in the longer video is not distorted and yet the video is longer, actually twice as long as the original video.

Plus what is also weird, the original shaky video and the stabilised video on my computer are both 9 seconds long.

As I said computer who would use the bloody things.
relate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2009, 2:12 PM   #23

I downloaded the VirtualDub-1.9.3, but it wont open my MP4 files? It says "unknown or unsupported file type".
Harry-kt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2009, 2:13 PM   #24

Im going to assume that's all you did. Follow the tutorial i posted.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2009, 3:35 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresho View Post
Im going to assume that's all you did. Follow the tutorial i posted.
Sorry, my bad

Ok, i now have read the tutorial and downloaded MP4Cam2AVI_v2.79.zip and converted the clip (works fine) and downloaded VirtualDub version 1.8.6 and when i tried open the file, im getting this...

I have ffdshow and divx codecs installed.
Old Jul 18, 2009, 1:35 AM   #26

you need to follow the tutorial.

above that tutorial are the locations for mandatory installation of other products!

MP4Cam2AVI_v2.79.zip
deshaker 2.4 http://www.guthspot.se/video/deshaker.htm
virtualdub 1.8.6 (nothing higher)
ffdshow_beta5_rev2033_20080705_clsid.exe
Xvid-1.2.2-07062009.exe
c++sp1 http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

this is for windows xp. If you are running vista, you will not need these since it wont work. YOu need h264 vista installer. There is only one installer I am aware of which installs it and works fine.

Last edited by Cresho; Jul 18, 2009 at 1:37 AM.
Old Jul 19, 2009, 7:52 AM   #27

Ok...but im not sure i want to downgrade my codecks, since everything else is working fine right now. Dumb question...if the clip is allready converded to .avi with MP4Cam2AVI...then i can use something else to edit those clips? Like windows movie maker?

Im using Windows XP
Old Jul 19, 2009, 8:54 PM   #28

the mp4converter is used for alot of software. I can't name the compatibility problems since its vast. You only need to use it if it fails to load the original xacti clip. If it still wont load, its a codec problem. when user content/software is edited, they need to match the newer softwares for newer patches which are usually the cause of everybodies headaches.

some of my rants! examples of junk i guess:
in vegas 8, I had issues with my xacti files because it added too much noise visually. with vegas 9, its fixed. There is no noise issue since it is optimized for the codec. Vegas 9 also breaks all sorts of backward compatability and suffers from poorer performance but of course we will need to wait for the patches. NOW! some one introduced to me the cineform codec. If you can buy one, it recommend it, batch convert your xacti files, and edit in vegas 8. It is lossless and runs extremely fast but suffers from large filesize so diskspace is a must.

Last edited by Cresho; Jul 19, 2009 at 9:01 PM.