Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jul 30, 2009, 3:05 PM   #1

Default Sanyo VCP-FH1 and PS3

Hello all,

I just bought my FH1 and I simply love it. I own a PS3 and a DLINK DNS-323 NAS. While the MP4 files play impeccably on the camera the play is really jerky and out of sync when I try to play it on the PS3.

Any idea ? Sony claims that MP4 H264 standard is supported ...

your help is greatly appreciated

thx a bunch in advance to everyone who can shed some light ...
floring is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 30, 2009, 3:09 PM   #2

all though it says it is supported, all avchd hd.263 codecs are different regardless. If you read within these forums, you will see the same problem. Recommend recompress to something else like mp2. WinFF is able to do this and also you can create your own template for video playback. There are many softwares out there. also quicktime if you want to convert.

try mp42avi and change. This software fixes some issues without destroying or recoding. It just changes headers and keeps the codec in place. It makes the video more compatible.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2009, 3:15 PM   #3

Thank you. Any Linux tool available out there ?

I would really like to be able to play those files at full resolution since my Sharp Aquos 120 hz is up to the challenge. When I play if off the camera, the picture is amazing ... better than any bluray disk I played so far.

thank you
Old Jul 31, 2009, 1:44 AM   #4

ya! I use linux. I use medibuntu with winff. I created a few templates where i just drag the files over, select format, and it creates the output. I have them for my zaurus, etc.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 5:01 PM   #5

thank you, I'll give it a try
Old Aug 3, 2009, 10:27 PM   #6

Default ffmpeg works well

hey,

followed your advice and got it working fine. I was able to create mpeg2 files and the dvd looks great. I tried various things and couldn't figure out how to preserve the resolution of MP4 @60fps ... when converting to AVI. Using the default ffmpeg presets for AVI generates a lousy picture (AVI) , tried to replace -r 29.97 with -r 60 ... the file cannot be played on PS3 (corrupt data). I am streaming from a Synology NAS to PS3.... replaced the DLINK... still the issue is there...
Old Aug 4, 2009, 5:39 AM   #7

you are so close!

================================================== =======
xacti2ps3720p
xacti 2 ps3 [email protected]
-vcodec mpeg1video -r 59.94 -s 1280x720 -b 20000K -acodec mp2 -ab 320k -ar 48000 -ac 2
mpg
xacti 2 ps3
xact2xvid720p5994
xacti to xvid 720p 59.94
-r 59.94 -vcodec xvid -s 1280x720 -b 10000k -acodec mp3 -ab 192k -ac 2 -ar 48000
avi
xvid
ill post other ones later but let me know if these work on your linux box

Old Aug 6, 2009, 11:29 AM   #8

thank you, I will give it a shot tonight. One question : the videocodec I tried out was libx264 (H264) instead of libxvid. when I made the changes in the Winff preset (created a new one) for instance: -r 59.94 -vcodec libx264 -s hd1080 ..... it keeps generating output at a different size (704xsomething 25 fps ..blah ) ... not sure where it comes from. I assume is Winff that sticks with default presets nomatter what and is kinda ... useless for what I want to accomplish. anyway, I will try the above template and keep you posted
Old Aug 7, 2009, 1:26 AM   #9

ffmpeg has default commands like if you use dvd command (didnt bother to look but read about it), it will override what your commands are what you want and create a dvd compliant mpeg2 for video dvd burning.
Old Aug 7, 2009, 10:35 AM   #10

yeah, agree. I tried to figure out where I need to add your presets .. couldn't get it right. The above presets, do I need to create them manually or enter them in WinFF .. or both .... pls advise. thx