Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Aug 2, 2009, 12:43 AM   #1

Default Sanyo Xacti VPC-CG10 Users

Hey guys,
I've acquired a CG10, it's a great cam to have at that price, but I have been wonder how i could do the following.
Hope users of the CG10 out there could help me out.

Thank in advance!

I'm unable to change the EXP MEASURE, it's always at MULTI, while CENTER and SPOT is greyed out.

Is it possible to adjust the following while recording? (ISO and exposure set to manual)
- ISO
- Exposure

When the camera is set to MF, how do I MF while recording, moving the joystick doesn't seems to change anything.

Thanks again! =)
wdEvA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 3, 2009, 7:07 AM   #2

anyone??
Old Aug 6, 2009, 5:37 AM   #3

hmm no one can help?
Old Aug 7, 2009, 1:29 AM   #4

depends. i have a hd1000. seems like you need to do your adjustments prior to clicking record. you can't seem to change them on the hd1000

The grayed out stuff could be because of other settings. certain settings will not allow others to function but I am not sure.

Hope this helps.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2009, 5:21 AM   #5

Cresho, thanks for the info =)
Old Aug 16, 2009, 12:44 AM   #6

I have an older Sanyo C40 which seems to be very similar in operation to the CG10 as I found a copy of the CG10 manual online and took a look.

1) Not sure why they are grayed out as on mine they are selectable. As Cresho said, perhaps there is a setting that is preventing them being selectable. Could it be something to do with the face chaser mode? ie when active they may disable those options. I can't seem to find anything in the manual but I may have missed it as I only took a quick look and I don't have the face chaser mode on mine to be able to experiment.

2) I haven't come across any camera where you can change the ISO and Exposure manually while actually recording.

3) On my Sanyo C40, I can either select MF from the focus menu or by pressing joystick down until it displays the Manual Focus bar. When that is displayed, you just move the joystick left and right to focus.

The relevant information you want to be reading is on page 89 of your manual. It seems the operation on the CG10 is basically the same as my C40 in that you select MF from the focus menu by pressing the joystick in. You then press it in again to display the manual focus bar. You then use the joystick left and right as above. You do however have selectable shortcuts which I don't have, so it may be that Focus operation may not be attached to joystick down by default so you would have to use the menu method above. You can of course attach the shortcut to joystick down which would then mimic my C40. A good option if you use Manual Focus a lot.

Hope this info helps!
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote