Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Aug 13, 2009, 12:15 PM   #11

I have yet to try Sony Vegas.

Does it support multi tracks video?

Some of my editing requires multi tracks videos and multicam editing.

This is why I stick to Premiere.
bjory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2009, 9:10 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjory View Post
I have yet to try Sony Vegas.

Does it support multi tracks video?

Some of my editing requires multi tracks videos and multicam editing.

This is why I stick to Premiere.
Vegas Pro (8 or 9) supports unlimited video and audio tracks. Unlike in Premiere, you can actually throw almost any kind of video and audio file in the timeline to mix and match with no problem.
subc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2009, 12:47 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by subc View Post
Vegas Pro (8 or 9) supports unlimited video and audio tracks. Unlike in Premiere, you can actually throw almost any kind of video and audio file in the timeline to mix and match with no problem.

this is correct. I threw in a 4:3 aspect ratio video 29.97fps off a jvc with the sanyo [email protected], and the videos are deinterlaced and aspect ratios are auto corrected. I output to 720p 29.97fps for devede usage.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2009, 8:30 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresho View Post
download mp4cam2avi. This will convert the video footage of your camera mp4 to avi in seconds. do not reincode video but encode audio to pcm.

or

the best tool for splicing is
http://www.squared5.com/svideo/mpeg-streamclip-mac.html

its fast and easy.

make sure you have
quicktimealt181.exe installed prior installing above. you can then reencode in hours and not in days.

it uses hardware accelerated gpu to speed process of video and plays fine. you can splice your stuff around and export and then import directly to devede since it takes like 99-100 percent codecs that are known.
I used mp4cam2avi and it's good! Doesn't take very long to encode into AVI but the file size is HUGE!!

Any good recommendation which format is smaller file size but keeps a good quality for editing?

That being said, huge file size when i import into Premiere, it just slows down and crashed most of the time.
Old Aug 15, 2009, 10:13 AM   #15

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/sa...-turorial.html

if you streamclip editor, you can export to mov and import that to adobe and should run better.
Old Aug 15, 2009, 10:36 PM   #16

Hi,

I did tried to convert into mov and then to Premiere for editing.

But the lag in editing the video is really bad. It's moving frame by frame. I can't preview how it looks at all based on the lag.

This might be due to my slower PC P4 2.6GHz.
Old Aug 15, 2009, 11:54 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjory View Post
Hi,

I did tried to convert into mov and then to Premiere for editing.

But the lag in editing the video is really bad. It's moving frame by frame. I can't preview how it looks at all based on the lag.

This might be due to my slower PC P4 2.6GHz.
Not surprised you are having problems! I have a PC at work with the exact same spec which even has an NVIDIA graphics card and it struggles to play HD even from vimeo, or my lowly HDV178 720p camcorder and that's just 4Mbps bitrate.

Quote:
Problem with Sanyo cams are they don't allow changing the file format into AVI.
AVI is just a container. It's the encoding that is giving you the problems. h264 is taxing even on what appear to be capable PC's at first. On the PC you have, you really don't have much choice but to encode to a less taxing format.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2009, 3:01 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgvcam View Post
Not surprised you are having problems! I have a PC at work with the exact same spec which even has an NVIDIA graphics card and it struggles to play HD even from vimeo, or my lowly HDV178 720p camcorder and that's just 4Mbps bitrate.

AVI is just a container. It's the encoding that is giving you the problems. h264 is taxing even on what appear to be capable PC's at first. On the PC you have, you really don't have much choice but to encode to a less taxing format.
Any less taxing format to recommend for my slow PC but at least a decent output to DVD?
Old Aug 16, 2009, 3:23 AM   #19

I have posted here on these forums of the problem during video preview during editing.

The minimum requirement from adobe for adobe premiere 3d gpu
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/405/kb405744.html

There is a switch in adobe premiere that is required to render video at full uninterrupted preview. I witnessed this as I was trying the demo version. I helped a guy out as well in explaining why his video previewing sucked and answered his question as well as I am going to answer yours. look in your preferences under video for "enable 3d acceleration" if you can switch this and it works, you will witness smooth playback.

I'll paste that quote here

Quote:
for video editing, if you use adobe premiere cs...2 or 3 or what ever, it provides accelerated gpu video preview so this is the only software editor for High def that works fine. Others like vegas and 3rd party app, previewing is impossible...almost. 8800gt pci-e minimum requirement.

The problem here is not the drivers, software, operating system. The problem is being able to unite video gpu with video preview. Most software players and editors are not optimized for gpu playback or previewing which is required by High def!
Your video preview is slow because your system in not optimised. Read the system requirements but I suggest at least a 8800gt graphics card on a pci-e slot. In fact, i think you cannot use a agp since its dated and the bandwith is short. agp fires info one way and pci-e is a crossfire type of deal where data shots back and forth at the same time. This is a big advantage over agp.

You need to enable gpu graphics acceleration in adobe. Other than this, linux is the only operating system which kdenlive offers such luxury. Mac has issues as well if it does not conform to system requirement spec. If you do not fall under the system req., you are out of luck and will need to edit in slow motion.

Try streamclip. I told you to try it. It is automatically using gpu (if enabled) and this is why you can edit easily with this application. The sad truth is the free software guys are creating better splicers than the commercial ones. The big 3 adobe, sony vegas (aka sonic foundry back in the day), corel have produced mediocer editors with previews but powerful applications for creating video. You will have to live with it.

my system spec that allowes such video preview smooth for adobe premiere cs3-4 demo (really i can edit like a dream)

nvidia 8800gtx
2 terabyte disk space
4gb system ram
linux operating system dual booted to winxp for adobe demo
amd 6400 black edition.

etc.

ohh btw, your processor has nothing to do here. It is only used to get things going and rendering final video output. Previewing video especially high def is all done on the GPU for true smooth video playback. Your cpu is occupied doing other functions so this is why it lags big time. I have not seen a cpu powerfull enough to preview video smoothly in a video editor such as adobe or sony...yet.

Last edited by Cresho; Aug 16, 2009 at 5:22 AM.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 12:16 PM   #20

Hi Cresho,

Thanks! That answered my question!